So what are you listening to at the moment?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
A very nice present from Santa - 1981 Readers Digest 10x Vinyl Album Box Set - Various Artists The Sensational 70s

10 albums of original artists - one for each year 1970-1979 - a great selection of some of the best singles from each year - usually 16 singles in chronological order on each album. Most albums have the Christmas #1 (some crackers there :) ) and for each single there is a little note about the artist and the single. Perfect 1970s Pop Quiz source material. Just loving it.

It's like being given a Now That's What I Call Music for each year 1970 to 1979 (a bit like K-Tel used to do)

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Sometimes, some days - you need a little lift - and sometimes something just happens into view that gives you that little lift...and as if Hackett and Band wasn't enough - he gets an orchestra involved - awesome sound...always and for ever an awesome track...the guitar solo just sends shivers up my spine every time....and with the orchestra backing...phew...

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
And over the festive period - me and Mrs SILH reflected on the ups and downs of the last 30yrs together as today we struggle to support our immediate and wider family through the pandemic...

And a thought came into my head - and I pulled this up - and my Mrs said that it had just become our song...a song of struggle and ups and downs...but determination for things to be just fine and for us to get there. Yes I know it's soppy but ah to heck with it...:)