So what are you listening to at the moment?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
never hear it or want to, over rated rubbish IMO

how can you say it's over-rated rubbish having never heard it...?

I never listened before as I had heard all the hype back then and so possibly because of that I never bothered...that doesn't make it rubbish and now that I'm listening to it when not obliged to say 'I love it' because that's what the pack are saying - I think it's OK. Will listen more and it may grow on me :)

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
how can you say it's over-rated rubbish having never heard it...?

I never listened before as I had heard all the hype back then and so possibly because of that I never bothered...that doesn't make it rubbish and now that I'm listening to it when not obliged to say 'I love it' because that's what the pack are saying - I think it's OK. Will listen more and it may grow on me :)

i have heard enough of their stuff to say i don't think much of it and think its over rated self indulgent twaddle

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had my proper grumpy head on today...

Spent the evening chilling out listening to Bread tracks...
Taking me back to days when life wasn't [seemingly] so bloody harsh...

No alcohol involved saving that for the right time...

D

Deleted member 1147

Queen - A Night at the Opera

The girl sat opposite me in the office doesn't look best pleased :ears:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Happily listen to either version tbh. The way they use the choir and the Led Zepplin guys enjoying it makes it for me.

Yup, 5.50 the WTF look on Robert Plant's face as the bowler-hatted choir is revealed, Jimmy Page's genuine delight throughout, the standing ovation from the band and the emotional connection for Jason Bonham makes it something really special, over and above the quality of the music alone. Bonnie Raitt was thoroughly enjoying it too.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't turn the original off but given a choice it's this one every time for me.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Yup, 5.50 the WTF look on Robert Plant's face as the bowler-hatted choir is revealed, Jimmy Page's genuine delight throughout, the standing ovation from the band and the emotional connection for Jason Bonham makes it something really special, over and above the quality of the music alone. Bonnie Raitt was thoroughly enjoying it too.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't turn the original off but given a choice it's this one every time for me.

I was ready to hate it but I have to say I was very impressed

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I was ready to hate it but I have to say I was very impressed

Bob, I'm not usually a fan of cover versions so when I first saw that it had been done I thought it was complete madness to give it to band who, I think it's fair to say were past their prime, and to do so in front of the remaining 3 members of Led Zeppelin. I'm delighted to say I was absolutely wrong.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Awesome stuff, here's the full concert!

[video=youtube_share;IrAjqJ3I2XE]https://youtu.be/IrAjqJ3I2XE[/video]

Well worth a watch.