Snooper SG255x black screen + battery

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
I use the Snooper Shotsaver SG255x GPS watch during my rounds for distance to FCB and hazards, but on the last three occasions I've been using it, it has been behaving oddly at the start of the round.

I always let the battery run right down after playing before recharging the unit. And after searching for and selecting my local course, tee and handicap the watch screen goes black and then resets. I have to go through the search/select procedure again after which it works on the second occasion.

Anyone with this watch had a similar problem?

Also, the battery indicator drops to 2 bars from 5 bars in the space of the first 6-7 holes, and the battery also lasts little over 27 holes now, where it used to do 36 comfortably. It's not a huge issue, as I rarely do more than 18 on any given day, but I'm wondering if ever the need arises whether I can replace the battery in the unit myself, or through someone like Timpsons; or if the unit has to go back to Snooper to have the battery replaced. Or if the unit is burst altogether once the battery starts failing and I'm splashing on a new watch.