Snap!! Reload

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you mean the pages reloading om there own, I've been getting this again when using an ipad2.
I find it seems to be related to certain advert types as it coincides with those adverts being around and stopping when they're not.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
If you mean the pages reloading om there own, I've been getting this again when using an ipad2.
I find it seems to be related to certain advert types as it coincides with those adverts being around and stopping when they're not.

Yep, this is also on my iPad2.

Can be halfway through typing something then ‘Snap’ lost it, have to reload, refresh or come out and back in again. I’ve done all the suggestions, cleared history, caches etc everywhere, but it suddenly just does it, it’s very annoying.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

Can be halfway through typing something then ‘Snap’ lost it, have to reload, refresh or come out and back in again. I’ve done all the suggestions, cleared history, caches etc everywhere, but it suddenly just does it, it’s very annoying.

If it is still happening, try using AdBlock for a day or so and see if it goes away. That way, you'll at least confirm that it's the ads that are causing it. Then you could trace it by synchronising Ipad2 and (say) a PC (with AdBlock turned off on both) to identify which ad is causing the problem. A little effort perhaps - and depends on ads being invoked in the same order on both units - but if it's that frustrating and you are committed to allowing ads....

Btw. Weakening your grip and keeping your left wrist a bit stiffer could help too! :whistle:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Your getting the same as me, that is until an advert has run its course and then all is fine.
Sadly I can’t run anything interventional on my iPad 2 as its needed for work and something’s don’t like that sort of software, somInhave to put up with it until the advert has run its course.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Haven’t had it for a while, but experienced it 3 times this morning already, I think I’ve got AdBlock, if not I’ll try it, but it’s bloody annoying as you loose everything you’ve typed before getting the chance to post it.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Haven’t had it for a while, but experienced it 3 times this morning already, I think I’ve got AdBlock, if not I’ll try it, but it’s bloody annoying as you loose everything you’ve typed before getting the chance to post it.

If you can find an add blocker that works on iPad please let me into the secret.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
If you can find an add blocker that works on iPad please let me into the secret.

I think I have, I've downloaded Add BlockPlus, it states it for Safari (ios) and Chrome which should cover the iPad2, I now don't see the adds down the right side of the screen so I think I've nailed it.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
It’s 100% the adverts, the AdBlock plus is working perfectly on Safari, but when I have the forum open in Chrome, with adverts, I get the ‘snap reload’ again, so I’ve removed my Chrome app and I’m just using Safari now on my iPad.