Slow Motion Camera V V1 Sotware

ritchieis

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi all,

If anyone has any experience or knowlegde in this I would appreciate your thoughts.

I have decided it is time to make the investment in a video recording device so I can record my swing and improve it. After a few years of playing and much digesting of books I have the fundementals but think being able to review my swing whenever I want and comparing it to pro swings will help me improve much faster.

I have done some research and can get hold of a casio Fh100 camera for around about £150. It can slow down video footage with high resolution up to 240 or 420 frames per second, so you can view your recordings in super slow motion.

The other option is to purchase a standard camera which could then be viewed using V1 software or similar which you can slow down a bit and freeze at different points in the swing.

At this stage I dont have a camera so would need to get one anyway. I think I am set on the Casio FH100 but was hoping someone with superior knowledge might be able to give me some advice.

Thanks very much...

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I have done some research and can get hold of a casio Fh100 camera for around about £150

That's cheap.
However, you can get mobile phones that take great slow motion video these days for a lot less.
But if your after a camcorder fair enough.

surefire

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The two are not mutually exclusive!

The v1 software just slows the playback down, ultimately to a single frame at a time.

The more frames you have per second, the more refrence points and better quality stills you will have on playback.

For example if the film is shot at a low framerate one frame might be halfway on downswing and the next will be at impact. Each frame may also show the shaft as a blur. With more frames per second, you will have more reference points and less blurring at each point.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Bought the EX-fh100 a few weeks ago, was planning on using it in addition to the software not instead of.

Btw assuming the £150 you are quoting is after cashback, make sure the retailer you are buying from meets the T&Cs on the cashback deal, I emailed them about many internet retailers and almost none fit their criteria so you wont get the £50 back if you buy from the wrong place.

ritchieis

Medal Winner
Visit site
In that case I think the 240/ 420 fps would be ideal on V1 type software.

I need a camera for the summer holidays anyway!!

Thanks.

ritchieis

Medal Winner
Visit site
Bought the EX-fh100 a few weeks ago, was planning on using it in addition to the software not instead of.

Btw assuming the £150 you are quoting is after cashback, make sure the retailer you are buying from meets the T&Cs on the cashback deal, I emailed them about many internet retailers and almost none fit their criteria so you wont get the £50 back if you buy from the wrong place.

How are you finding the camera?? Yes £150 including the cashback deal.

Where did you get yours from if you dont mind me asking? I thought there might be a bit of an issue with that!!!

Am looking at Amazon at the moment? needs to be bought by the end of the month to go through.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Amazon dropped the price to £206 a few weeks ago so bought it then, the price has gone back up since though I think.

The camera seems simple enough to use normally, have not used it for the golf swing on video yet due to the weather. It comes with a comprehensive user guide and as someone who's not photography savvy I'm working my way through it.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have to be honest and say I just use the standard Fuki finepix 12 mega pixel point and shoot jobby and it takes good enough video for me and V1. I'm not sure I need it frame by frame in absolute clarity as the mistakes are obvious

Been playing with GASP spoftware as an alternative as I can video my footage to my teaching pro (and HID's boss) who both use it if I upgrade to thesoftware (about £35 I think for the basic)

percy_layer

Challenge Tour Pro
www.davidord.com
charlie

do you just use the slow motion playback, or do you then upload into any software?

Show the customer the slow motion on the camera screen and then upload onto C-Swing when i get home. Unless they want a lesson involving the swing analysis, when i'll have the laptop close by.

When filmed at high speed, the playback is slow on the software. Which i actually prefer when looking at the swing.

Just remember to purchase a large memory card, i use a 8GB and always carry 8-12 fully charged AA batteries (although, 4 is usually enough to get through about 6 hours coaching).

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ive bought a 8gb class 10 SD card so that should do, the battery is a lithium one and have ordered a spare which ill keep charged just in case

thanks for input, i expect when i get it up and running you and bob may be getting more questions

ritchieis

Medal Winner
Visit site
Fundy,

Have you got the cashback through yet? If so how long did it take?

Just purchased the Fh100 as want something a bit more transportable than the Fh25. Plus the FH25 does not appear to qualify for the cashback.

Cheers