SkyCaddie Subscription

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just as a thought I asked Sky Golf if I would be entitled to a refund or discount on my next subscription as I can't use my SkyCaddie at present. Funnily enough, the reply was "No". :(

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Not sure why you would expect one. Would you expect a refund on your TV licence or council tax if you go on holiday for a month or two?

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure why you would expect one. Would you expect a refund on your TV licence or council tax if you go on holiday for a month or two?
I didn't expect one, just like I don't expect any refund from my golf club. It was asked tongue in cheek just to see what they would say. (Some folk seem to have lost all their sense of humour, if they ever had one)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I ditched Sky caddie when they would not supply a replacement battery cover on a 6 month old model but I could upgrade for £75.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Ditched mine about 5-6 years ago for a Garmin. If I was being objective, the display on the sky caddie is far better but not paying annual subs any more is a definite plus towards Garmin. I get distances to hazards and can move the cursor to give me lay up distances but again the Garmin isn't as accurately measured. All about what boxes you want to tick with these devices

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I ditched Skycaddie and went to a laser (cost £125) about 3 years ago.

I got tired of paying the £30 every year to keep my antiquated unit working.

Do they still walk courses and are they still quick to update bunker changes etc? They definitely had the most accurate system when I had mine.

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
They are very good with their updates not only the courses themselves but also updating stroke indexes etc, but they do need to be notified of the changes by the respective clubs.

D

Deleted member 17920

Make the best GPS on the market in my humble opinion.

Pay for what you get. Hazards mapped out on foot are clearly going to be more accurate than satilite images.
agree with this, love my SX500

The detail is superb and I just bought the 3 year renewal for £115 and got 3 dozen srixons included so not a bad deal.

I wish my game was as accurate as the Skycaddie :)

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I played with someone who has already commented on this thread at Mach Dunes, the 6th hole at that time had been changed for 3 years and his device hadn't been updated. Incredibly poor.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I played with someone who has already commented on this thread at Mach Dunes, the 6th hole at that time had been changed for 3 years and his device hadn't been updated. Incredibly poor.
Only if the company has been told and they haven't done anything about it.
If they haven't been told about it how are they supposed to update it...?

Visit site
I've had my SG5 Sky caddie for 10 years now. I struggle without it, as I find it extremely accurate, (not that I am!). I managed to replace a battery for a tenth of the Sky caddie price, and apart from it being a little tiresome to download new courses, I absolutely love it.
I believe it to be slightly more accurate than a Garmin. Do others agree?

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only if the company has been told and they haven't done anything about it.
If they haven't been told about it how are they supposed to update it...?

A lot of companies use Google Images to map out the courses. Doesn't matter if they are told, they can't get on the phone to Google and ask them to fly over and take a few pictures for them.

SkyCaddie were great when I told them about changes at my home course. Within a couple of weeks, the regional person was sent out, and re-mapped accordingly. There are more changes going on too, so when we are back on the course, I'll let them know so they can update their details