Skycaddie - is it The Daddy?

Sam

Head Pro
Visit site
If you already have a smartphone or PDA, Intelligolf for £30 does the same thing. As I carry my phone with me, I don't want to bother with 2 devices. No charge for courses and you can survey your own if not available by using Google Earth

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can see Parmo's point of view that its good to be able to judge distances, but at least for those of us who aren't in clubs, and play new courses all the time, a Skycaddie is really helpful. As has been pointed out, it tells you a lot less than the caddies the pro's use, or indeed the caddies you or I could hire should we so choose at many places. And for many of us, its one thing to know how far to hit it, but quite a different thing to do so.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can work out yardages easily enough, it's getting the ball to go there that's the problem.

Quite how I'll get on in Spain is another issue, anyone know of a handy pocket-edition metric conversion table?

Sam

Head Pro
Visit site
Quite how I'll get on in Spain is another issue, anyone know of a handy pocket-edition metric conversion table?
Easiest is just to add one yard for every 10 metres - 10m is 10.9x. So 50m is 55x etc

trickietree

Medal Winner
Visit site
Re: Skycaddie - Try igolf Caddie 2

I bought one of these on Internet from the states (Proto Golf). Cost £113.50 with free postage.
I think you can get this in the UK but is more expensive.
Reason I bought this is cos it seems to be the only one that allows you to map courses yourself. This means you dont have to purchase the software to download courses. This is particularly useful if you only want to use it on your own course - you can just walk round and map it yourself.
The other advantage is you can map your practice ground and use it when practicing. You can accurately tell how far you hit each club.
Reckon its good value at that price and i've had a lot of fun out of it.

TheGolfer1

Visit site
Re: Skycaddie - Try igolf Caddie 2

trickietree - i have just bought my sky caddie SG5 model from the USA Proto golf. I have a couple of questions for you :
the charger : did yours come with a 2 pin plug ? if so, how did you get around this? (i have spoken to maplins and their advice isnt consistent! - some say buy a 16.99 charger as its 110v -120v which has a converter and some say an adaptor for £4 will do the trick ! ) help ?

Also, how long did yours take to arrive ? i am really excited about mine arriving and want to use it this coming weekend at my course with it being easter!
mine is one express delivery 3-7 days, i have ordered it on 13th March but its still not here. help again?
Thanks,
Andy.