simon cowell..please note

tarmac

Club Champion
Visit site
just watched a recording of last nights bbc4 program AC/DClive at river plate...awsome!!!
saw these guys at hampden couple of years ago an the same tour...fantastic

just thinkin that how many of his manufactured,x-factord pap will still be rocking in their 60's and have a career spaning almost 40yrs

however time will tell,but 'for those about to rock' (or have been for years and years)we salue you!!:D

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Most groups these days are made or released into the public eye with a limited lifespan. Bands that have endured decades have done it for more than just the money and fame...in my opinion of course.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
1 of my 1st ever Concerts
AC / DC ............. Newcastle City Hall ............Back In Black tour

AWESOME

Ears were ringing for 2-3 days later when I went back to school :D

Mark_G

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Everything moves much faster in the music industry now, from discovery to redundancy, the "product" has to sell as much as possible. Its not unusual to have three or four singles in the top 40 chart at the same time. There is no time for a "product" to gain a following like AC/DC have, purely because their out of date so quickly, they get taught how to do everything by the same people so end up all alike.
No thanks, let me have the proper bands any day.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
just watched a recording of last nights bbc4 program AC/DClive at river plate...awsome!!!
saw these guys at hampden couple of years ago an the same tour...fantastic

just thinkin that how many of his manufactured,x-factord pap will still be rocking in their 60's and have a career spaning almost 40yrs

however time will tell,but 'for those about to rock' (or have been for years and years)we salue you!!:D

Do you think Simon Jowel cares? he's richer than most of these bands put together and his 'stable' will make enough they don't have to go on the road again.
He's targeting a different market, there are C&W 'stars' out there selling more than the big bands and you probably arent aware if its not on your radar. You're comparing apples and oranges in the music industry

Last edited:

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
It would be great if the Scouser guy wins as Cowell does want his show devalued ,what a knob.

Have watch that AC/DC gig at River Plate on youtube a few times class crowd especillay with Thunderstuck

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
It would be great if the Scouser guy wins as Cowell does want his show devalued ,what a knob.

Have watch that AC/DC gig at River Plate on youtube a few times class crowd especillay with Thunderstuck

How dare a businessman not want his business devalued, who does he think he is, making hundreds of millions of pounds and dollars, employing thousands indirectly, creating wealth, turning peoples lives around that didnt have a chance, bringing entertainment to millions. I'm sure he will be happy whoever wins (it wont be the cruise ship guy....I hope) but you cant legislate for who is voting, it might be all the grannies and he's in with a shout, good luck to all 3 of them, it takes big cahonies to stand up live and perform week after week.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
How dare a businessman not want his business devalued, who does he think he is, making hundreds of millions of pounds and dollars, employing thousands indirectly, creating wealth, turning peoples lives around that didnt have a chance, bringing entertainment to millions. I'm sure he will be happy whoever wins (it wont be the cruise ship guy....I hope) but you cant legislate for who is voting, it might be all the grannies and he's in with a shout, good luck to all 3 of them, it takes big cahonies to stand up live and perform week after week.

Correct the it must take take some baws to do it, wouldn't mind being in Nicole Sweaty Baws category ,she's a bit cheeky

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
It takes different strokes. I would defend some of the pop music made by Girls Aloud as much as I would defend some of the rock music made by AC/DC. Neither is better than the other, but both are examples of some of the best music being made in their respective fields.

Great pop music is just as valid, just as thrilling and just as exciting as rock music. Yes there is a load of **** made by manufactured bands, just as there is a lot of *** made by so called 'proper' bands'.

Last edited:

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
jjust thinkin that how many of his manufactured,x-factord pap will still be rocking in their 60's and have a career spaning almost 40yrs

Doesn't matter how long they last. Pop music is about the quick cheap thrill, I would take the 5 minutes of fame of Strawberry Switchblade or White Town over the entire career of Kasabian any day. Or if I am being really controversial, the career of The Who.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
I watched that last night too and really enjoyed it.... even if they are getting on a bit..... and I never really took to Brian Johnson... ;)

Had goosebumps when they played "Hells Bells" - haven't listened to that in ages but for a few minutes I was a teenager again; totally transported.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Watched a documentary abotu how Iron Maiden staged a world tour. The roadies have more musical talent than the finalists. IM are another band that can still sell out in minutes and have enduring longevity. How many of the X Factor finalists have really gone on

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The X Factor is what it is and provides a chance for wannabe stars and a few have been very successful though longevity remains to be proven.

My vote is with Jahmene this year. Don't care much for the love-boat karaoke guy and I'd probably top myself listening to the other one for more than 2 tracks. Plus he (thinks) he's just so "cool" and talks about not being the typical x factor contestant (doing covers) yet he auditioned for it - sold his artistic soul down the river!

Dorian

Club Champion
Visit site
The X Factor is what it is and provides a chance for wannabe stars and a few have been very successful though longevity remains to be proven.

My vote is with Jahmene this year. Don't care much for the love-boat karaoke guy and I'd probably top myself listening to the other one for more than 2 tracks. Plus he (thinks) he's just so "cool" and talks about not being the typical x factor contestant (doing covers) yet he auditioned for it - sold his artistic soul down the river!

I heard someone on the radio yesterday say that he's made the X Factor credible. Oh, how I laughed.

HNewby

Medal Winner
Visit site
"simon cowell...please note" the x factor is a load of crap it needs to go...in mine and the rest of the worlds opinion :D

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

yes he should have stayed almost homeless, penniless and depressed but he'd have his artistic soul to keep himself warm and fed :whereistherolledeyessmiley:

Good luck to them making their way in life honestly and entertaining many at the same time.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
yes he should have stayed almost homeless, penniless and depressed but he'd have his artistic soul to keep himself warm and fed :whereistherolledeyessmiley:

Good luck to them making their way in life honestly and entertaining many at the same time.

No problem making money but be honest about it!

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
No problem making money but be honest about it!

think he was honestly penniless, depressed and in a bad place, he's coming out of that due to the people on Xfactor, I see no harm in this and find it sad people ridicule someone trying their best.