Silvermere: driver fitting

Buckbeak

Visit site
Has any one been to Silvermere for a fitting recently?

I’ve decided to buy a new driver after breaking my old one. I got my irons fitted at AG in New Malden so was thinking of going back there. But I’ve just had a look online at Silvermere and it looks a good set up so wondering if it’s worth the extra drive.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I was fitted for my driver and irons there, mainly due to the left handed shop but it’s a fantastic set up and they use proper balls for the fitting.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I've had fittings at both locations in the past, both were good. You'll get some come on here bemoaning AG, as is their right :) But not all AG stores are equal, some do have decent fitters. It's been a few years since I went there, but the New Malden one is a flagship store, hopefully they have a good fitters. The advantage there is that the fitting is free in AG, so you could go try it (especially if it's closer), there's no pressure to buy. You can then go try Silvermere as well, or save the travel and the fitting fee if the AG fitting feels good. Both locations used real balls onto the range for their fittings when I went.

NoLayingUp

Visit site
I played Silvermere for the first time on Sunday. Fantastic facilities! We got there early to make full use of range and had a good warm up. They have segregated fitting bays and use trackman for them (I believe). The shop there is fully stocked with all the latest gear so it wouldn't at all surprise me if you're able to walk away with your customised club the same day. Just for reference I got fitted in Sheffield @AG and was advised Id be looking around a 10 week waiting time at the moment due to the boom golfs has through lockdown!

orangepip

Visit site
Yup also had my irons and driver fitted at Silvermere ... The best recommendation I have heard is to try and split it over a couple of visits if possible as your swing might be different / conditions different and that can impact you

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
I played Silvermere for the first time on Sunday. Fantastic facilities! We got there early to make full use of range and had a good warm up. They have segregated fitting bays and use trackman for them (I believe). The shop there is fully stocked with all the latest gear so it wouldn't at all surprise me if you're able to walk away with your customised club the same day. Just for reference I got fitted in Sheffield @AG and was advised Id be looking around a 10 week waiting time at the moment due to the boom golfs has through lockdown!

Be surprised if they can walk away with a custom fit on the day, unless they're buying standard fit off the shelf. AG is not the holdup for supplies, all manufacturers are having issues, so likely will affect all custom fit locations.

NoLayingUp

Visit site
Be surprised if they can walk away with a custom fit on the day, unless they're buying standard fit off the shelf. AG is not the holdup for supplies, all manufacturers are having issues, so likely will affect all custom fit locations.

I was drawing reference to the fact they seemed to have a lot of items in the shop, I'm assuming they stock a lot of shafts also, so there's a chance he could walk away with it on the day if he's lucky. I'm not knocking AG at all, there's been a huge uptake in the numbers in golf recently, there's no wonder suppliers can't keep the delivery times down.

APD Golfer

Visit site
I had my iron fitting there at the end of last month,
great fitter and all the latest equipment and club head and shaft options.

Chosen some Apex DCB's, delivery expected early July.

D

Deleted member 1418

Got a driver and fairway fitting there on 1st July. My 2nd cousin is one of the pros and doing my fitting so should be OK!! ? ?