Sik putter experience

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Has anyone tried one of these?
I am looking for a milled face High MOi putter .. not sure I want to pay this much but a good putter stays a long time so I can justify it (after I have squirrelled away some cash)

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
The new cobra line has the SIK face, a bit marmite, but definitely high moi and not totally bonkers prices... dont think they will hold their value well either so maybe a good deal going in a few months!

AAC

Visit site
I had never heard of them so just googled it. They would appear to be of similar designs to just about every other putter out there, do individual manufacturers actually manufacture their own heads or is there a central factory which makes on their behalf. Surely there are patents relating to certain designs, I would be interested to know ? BTW sorry to go off topic on you.

RichA

Visit site
Tried a load of putters today. Of them all, it was the Cobra with "descending loft technology" that the sales person seemed keenest to talk about. I didn't like the way it felt.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tried a load of putters today. Of them all, it was the Cobra with "descending loft technology" that the sales person seemed keenest to talk about. I didn't like the way it felt.
I think that is the crux of it all, the high moi putters are from all the brands, it’s just finding that one that feels right.
Did you try the classic range or the 3D printed one

RichA

Visit site
I think that is the crux of it all, the high moi putters are from all the brands, it’s just finding that one that feels right.
Did you try the classic range or the 3D printed one
There were 6 on the display and I had a few putts with each. I'm not sure which were 3D printed. They were all face-balanced mallets.
Shock of the day for me was the Odyssey White Hot OG 2-ball. I'd never used one before and always thought that they are disgusting to look at. So good that I almost made an impulse purchase.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There were 6 on the display and I had a few putts with each. I'm not sure which were 3D printed. They were all face-balanced mallets.
Shock of the day for me was the Odyssey White Hot OG 2-ball. I'd never used one before and always thought that they are disgusting to look at. So good that I almost made an impulse purchase.
I have a centre shafted 2 ball in my garage , it’s immaculate but no head cover .. have to give it a revisit! (Yes I have a few putters, did a SC refurb, love the del mar, have Yes Donna, etc.. my dad has my 30 yr old Ping B60 somewhere)

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tried out the sc mallet moi thingy, TM spider, and vintage cobra sting today..
SC felt poor , so that has been struck off the list, TM was okay and the spider works for me, the cobra stingray though is the one .. pro said buy it now as he doesn’t know when he will get stock.
He said Ping orders won’t be met until December… but put it like this I have a few putters I can wait but it’s nice to know there is one that you really want, it might make me squirrel some money away.