Should you be able to get relief from divots in the fairway?

Should you be allowed to get relief from divots in the fairway?

• Yes

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • No

Votes: 78 66.7%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 3432

We have divot bags by the tee (they get moved from tee to tee). They are relatively small and the idea is that you use up all the bag on that hole and just leave the bag in the bin on the next tee. If you watch the first tee on a Saturday morning I reckon about 1 in 40 players actually takes a bag with them.

Why would players make at effort to that when they can play their 18 holes, hack up the place without replacing divots, repairing pitchmarks and not bothering to rake bunkers and then have a good moan afterwards what crap condition the course is in.....

The average member shouldn't be let anywhere near a golf course as they don't have a clue how to tidy up after the carnage they cause in acquiring their 32 pts with 2 blobs :ROFLMAO:

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Yes voters should think themselves lucky that they're not following the late Horace Hutchinson; JH Taylor described his iron shot technique:

...flashing the bright iron head to and fro above the ball in the usual menacing style it would be plunged, at point of impact, deep into the earth, ripping out large fids of turf, which would be sent hurtling through the air like partridges on the wing.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes voters should think themselves lucky that they're not following the late Horace Hutchinson; JH Taylor described his iron shot technique:

...flashing the bright iron head to and fro above the ball in the usual menacing style it would be plunged, at point of impact, deep into the earth, ripping out large fids of turf, which would be sent hurtling through the air like partridges on the wing.
I think I have played behind him.

D

Deleted member 18588

Normally Bermuda is in hot countries and they have divot hole sand on the buggy.
Most are seeded divot is GUR. I do think that is sensible.

If you are lucky.

Both in Florida and the Middle East I have witnessed plenty where the divot had not been filled.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
No, I've not missed the topic at all which is what all my previous responses where about. And the last response I gave was, I believe, relevant to the original topic and the other posts that followed it.
But the topic is a hypothetical question about whether a rule should be changed or not. You were stamping your feet telling us what the rule is now. We already know what the rule is now.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
A guy jumped on our booking a while back, Kept telling me I was cheating because I was using my club to nudge the ball a couple of inches back to check it wasn't muddy in preferred lies.

Was a long round.