Should my wrench "Click?"

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
As some of you may know, I have just treated myself to a new (to me) Cobra S2 Driver. The club is adjustable three ways and came with a wrench for adjustment. I've had a little tinker with it but the wrench doesn't "click" to tell me when I have tightened it up enough. Scared to adjust it too tight in case I damage it, but want to make sure it is tight enough not to come loose during a round. Should these wrenches click like a torque wrench??? Cheers Rob

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I need a nike wrech. Smiffy on a serious note I just don't the r11 up "feel tight" and it never come lose in 10 rounds and about the same in range tokens

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Sussed it! Bloody hell, don't you have to tighten them up a lot to get the wrench to click.... I must repeat 100 times...I am a numpty, I am a numpty, I am a numpty.

Last edited:

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Smiffy, I have an adjustable Cobra... ZL Encore. First time I played about with adjusting it, it did indeed click. Next time it didn't, seemingly no matter how much I tightened it.

Are you saying so just keeping turning the wrench until it does click? Like you I'm a bit wary of overdoing it and knackering the club. :confused:

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes all the wrenches are torque wrenches, They all click. Just need a good old twist. Never use your club if its not that tight. Belive me it will come loose in the end. Also check it every so often. Remember having a R7 came with no wrench. Then got a R9 with wrench. Found that the weights in the R7 needed two whole turns to tighten up right. Had used it like that for two years or so. Hate to think what could have happened, if one of the weights had come out full swing!

Have three Taylormade wrenches now. So if anyone needs one drop me a line.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Smiffy, I have an adjustable Cobra... ZL Encore. First time I played about with adjusting it, it did indeed click. Next time it didn't, seemingly no matter how much I tightened it. Are you saying so just keeping turning the wrench until it does click? Like you I'm a bit wary of overdoing it and knackering the club. :confused:
I was a little concerned that I was over tightening mine Monty, but it did click in the end. You will be surprised how much you have to do it. I too was frightened about it coming loose during a round, even with my OAP swingspeed.

Monty_Brown

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I was a little concerned that I was over tightening mine Monty, but it did click in the end. You will be surprised how much you have to do it. I too was frightened about it coming loose during a round, even with my OAP swingspeed.

Cheers Smiffy. I'll give it another few turns.

And try not to think about how many rounds I may have played with it not tightened :eek: