should i try and ahem touch up my sky marks

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
in the process of deciding to sell my two white clubs, ive bought white touch up paint from ebay thats as near a colour to it (it can be cleaned off) should i give it a go or just leave it and the sky marks. ps i would tell folk i have touched it up before selling, your thought please

T

thecraw

I would imagine it'll only look worse, extremely difficult to do.

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If they were black, easy

As they are white i think it will show, white is very hard to match exactly

I have tried on grey heads and they too were hard to match

How bad are they, any pics ?

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
no pictures yet, but there is metal showing.
to be honest i think they are badly designed as when as you look at the face straight on you can see white!! my r7 cgb max same position you cant see anything apart from the face, if that makes sense. and i never marked my r7 driver 3 and 5 wood!!!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm not sure you'll get any more for them if you touch them up and mention that in the listing. Having said that though I hate sky marks and would never buy a club with them BUT if the price was right and the seller had touched them up well then I'd give it more consideration

If it will wipe off then why not try it at least?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Google search nick brown at gorlaston golf club. My friend had the mother of sky marks on his rbz driver. Down to the metal. Nick brown will repair you club for around £25 including postage. My friends driver come back as new. You couldnt tell