Shot scope v2 versus v3

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi, I’m thinking of getting the v2 as it’s much cheaper than the v3. Has anyone used both and can give an opinion on whether the v2 is still worth having?

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I like the V2 but got to admit i quite often wear my Garmin instead. Mainly as the V2 is quite chunky and so isn't really worn as a normal watch so I then have to find it, charge it and make sure i have it for golf.

The tracking and yardages are good but there is a bit of time just working through the round on the app to make sure shots have picked up the right points or on practice rounds removing the second shot i may hit for practice.

I've been drawn back to using it more as I think they are planning a lot more strokes gained data to come through and I think it would help refine my yardages. If you were to get the V2 i don't think you'd be disappointed, but if you get the V3 first as a demo then I think the changes are substantial enough for that to be the preference.

There is an upgrade offer for V2 owners so I think i'll get the V3 (think it's £140) particularly given the articles linked with the improvements. Not sure if they give you new watch and new tags, if so then you may find a fair few V2 watches are coming on the market on ebay even cheaper than shop prices. Have to check if you can set up and account and register the tags when second hand but i presume so.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I like the V2 but got to admit i quite often wear my Garmin instead. Mainly as the V2 is quite chunky and so isn't really worn as a normal watch so I then have to find it, charge it and make sure i have it for golf.

The tracking and yardages are good but there is a bit of time just working through the round on the app to make sure shots have picked up the right points or on practice rounds removing the second shot i may hit for practice.

I've been drawn back to using it more as I think they are planning a lot more strokes gained data to come through and I think it would help refine my yardages. If you were to get the V2 i don't think you'd be disappointed, but if you get the V3 first as a demo then I think the changes are substantial enough for that to be the preference.

There is an upgrade offer for V2 owners so I think i'll get the V3 (think it's £140) particularly given the articles linked with the improvements. Not sure if they give you new watch and new tags, if so then you may find a fair few V2 watches are coming on the market on ebay even cheaper than shop prices. Have to check if you can set up and account and register the tags when second hand but i presume so.

Interesting, thanks for that. I currently just use my Apple Watch with hole19, it’s not the best, a bit glitchy. I’ve seen the v2 is available for £90, which seems a great price when you consider you get those tags and automatic shot tracking.

Food for thought!

Yorkhacker

Visit site
I've had both. I never had any problems with the chunkiness of the v2 at all. However having got the v3, I couldn't go back to using a v2. The accuracy of shots (especially putting) has improved, but I don't know if this is down to the new watch/tags, or just because the back office tech is much better

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks all. Thanks be decided to give it a miss and see if santa has any in his sack at Christmas! Watched a review about it and it does look a bit big.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not sure if this is allowed so apologies if not.

Timd77 - This discussion and the links have inspired me to upgrade to the V3 (ordered today). I think (will have to check when it comes) I get new tags, if so I can pass over my old V2 for you to try, if you like it once tried and don't mind second hand then you can just pay me £40/£50 as otherwise it will probably sit on a shelf. I presume the old tags and watch can be reset to new clubs but haven't checked. If you don't like it you can just post it back as long as you're happy to cover postage.

No problem if no interest, just figured i'd mention it as otherwise seems a waste.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Not sure if this is allowed so apologies if not.

Timd77 - This discussion and the links have inspired me to upgrade to the V3 (ordered today). I think (will have to check when it comes) I get new tags, if so I can pass over my old V2 for you to try, if you like it once tried and don't mind second hand then you can just pay me £40/£50 as otherwise it will probably sit on a shelf. I presume the old tags and watch can be reset to new clubs but haven't checked. If you don't like it you can just post it back as long as you're happy to cover postage.

No problem if no interest, just figured i'd mention it as otherwise seems a waste.

Thanks for the offer but I’m going to wait for Christmas and probably go for the v3. It just looks a lot sleeker and wearable.