Sheringham GC

AddisonRoad

Visit site
Planning a two-round trip to Norfolk in June and currently looking to play Sheringham GC. Has anyone played this recently? Have an opinion on the place? Also plan to play Thetford the day before as it's a bit cheaper and looks nice.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Weirdly both courses I am a member at….
Sheringham is in great nick at the minute. Really firm and fast, and greens very good. Be interesting to see if the rain we’ve had in the past week has got the rough to start coming up.

Thetford is coming along fine. a very cold, but dry april/early May stunted growth, but its beginning to come good. If we get a sustained period of dry weather it will be very dry and bouncy…and your ball striking will need to be spot on

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Planning a two-round trip to Norfolk in June and currently looking to play Sheringham GC. Has anyone played this recently? Have an opinion on the place? Also plan to play Thetford the day before as it's a bit cheaper and looks nice.

I love Sheringham. Play it every summer when I'm there on holiday.

Used to be able to get a really good twilight deal, but think that's no longer the case.

tomshanks

Hacker
Visit site
Played over at Sheringham last week and its in great condition. May be worthwhile checking out Barnham Broom - Valley for your cheaper option, played there yesterday and was very impressed.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I, too, played Sheringham las Sunday....and very nice it is too.
Felt the greens were a little slow but I guess they have to have them a little longer than inland courses in case the wind gets up too much..
Some glorious raised tees....

AddisonRoad

Visit site
Weirdly both courses I am a member at….
Sheringham is in great nick at the minute. Really firm and fast, and greens very good. Be interesting to see if the rain we’ve had in the past week has got the rough to start coming up.

Thetford is coming along fine. a very cold, but dry april/early May stunted growth, but its beginning to come good. If we get a sustained period of dry weather it will be very dry and bouncy…and your ball striking will need to be spot on

Thanks for the info. Hopefully some decent rain in the next few days! Been looking at photos of both courses and I can't wait.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
One of my favourite courses. Some absolute stunning holes with stunning views. I played one of my best ever rounds there shooting 42 points. I was buzzing. Stood on a tee ( cannot remember which hole) looking west along the coast for miles. The train goes by blowing its whistle horn or whatever. I nailed my drive. What a fantastic feeling at that moment. I much prefer it to Hunstanton.