Shaft question (Probably simple)

J5MBF

Head Pro
Visit site
All,

After some advice & i know this is the place to turn. Clueless with shafts etc so......

FIL is about to pull the trigger on some 915's, he currentyl uses RBZ woods. What I'm thinking is can the shafts from the RBZ HL 3 wood & 5 Woods he has be pulled & swapped? They are the wrong shafts for me but the clubs are mint so i could potentially make them suitable for me with a shaft swap?

Am i correct in thinking this or completely stupid?

Mike

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
the shafts can be swapped but the adaptors if fitted will need to be changed if they are going in non TM clubs assuming they are adjustable RBZ's?

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
You can but its going to make them expensive... TM stock shafts tend to be much lower quality than Titleist stock shafts. There is a better way to go about what your trying to go about in my opinion.

J5MBF

Head Pro
Visit site
I don't want to swap the 915 shafts to the RBZ's. He will buy the 915's and stick the RBZ's in the garage. What i was thinking was buy some off the shelf shafts for me (stiff) and fit them to the TM heads......

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I don't want to swap the 915 shafts to the RBZ's. He will buy the 915's and stick the RBZ's in the garage. What i was thinking was buy some off the shelf shafts for me (stiff) and fit them to the TM heads......

Perfectly feasible and probably the right thing to do!

Those particular heads are really quite good and can really perform with the 'right' shaft in them! Don't expect it to be particularly cheap (nor particularly expensive) though. And finding the 'right' shaft can be quite a (fun/interesting/frustrating) journey!