Shaft flex's, am i about to make a mistake.

DCB

Visit site
The Mizuno DNA thingy uses more than swing speed to judge flex, so presumably you have a smooth tempo which would tend to point you to the softer shaft.

Just been through the process myself recently and the recommended shafts were lighter and softer than I'd have said I should have been playing. The results of trials with these shafts showed the recommendations were correct.

It's a real blow for morale when technology says you're past it ;)

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Mizuno DNA thingy uses more than swing speed to judge flex, so presumably you have a smooth tempo which would tend to point you to the softer shaft.

Just been through the process myself recently and the recommended shafts were lighter and softer than I'd have said I should have been playing. The results of trials with these shafts showed the recommendations were correct.

It's a real blow for morale when technology says you're past it ;)

Well, it might mean that, but it could also just mean you have a nice smooth tempo like Ernie Els. Nick Price has a famously fast tempo and apparently uses X300 shafts, which are like pokers made of solid iron.

Once the pro says "Have you considered Ping?", then you are really past it.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Out of interest what is the suggested club head speeds on reg & stiff for say a 6i?

When I did the Mizuno test I swung the 6 iron at about 81mph and they recommended Project x 5.5 which I understand is bordering stiff. As you know I bought Titleist AP2's and thats the shaft I had fitted

Chris

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's actually £100 at Wentworth, unless you're getting fitted for a full set of irons.

Why do you have to pay the extra £100 for a set of irons. Surely it can't be any different to getting fitted for a driver in terms of process, choice etc

Apologies, I meant £100 for a Driver fitting and £200 for a full set of 14 clubs.

So I would think that it either takes longer and/or it's a slightly different process for woods and irons.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
So for a 14 club fitting I have to pay £200 for the pleasure of parting with anything up to 2 grand, but atleast I get a tee shirt, yippee

I see your point, it's obviously not for everyone as it's a lot of money but you won't find fitting technology like it anywhere else in the country and I'd be very surprised if you didn't get some sort of discount if ordering the clubs directly through them.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Out of interest what is the suggested club head speeds on reg & stiff for say a 6i?

When I did the Mizuno test I swung the 6 iron at about 81mph and they recommended Project x 5.5 which I understand is bordering stiff. As you know I bought Titleist AP2's and thats the shaft I had fitted

Chris

PX 5.5 is generally thought to be a shade stiffer than TT DG S300.