Shaft flex

NedPizza

Visit site
Hello, I'm looking to buy a driver with senior flex, but can't find one. Should I consider going to Ladies or Regular flex?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I wouldn't.
Should be plenty of drivers with Senior shafts out there..
Plus.........
One company's Senior could be another company's Regular.
And a Senior in one model from one company could be a Regular in another model from the same company.....
Not all Senior shafts are the same....
Weight of the shaft is possibly as important

evemccc

Visit site
I would suggest that a (good) fitting for a shaft is a highly important (most?) part of a driver fitting - so if you can, and you’re buying new, get a good fitting focussing on the shaft

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Senior flex is not called that by some manufacturers you may find M flex (Taylormade) or A (active) is used by a lot.

As already said how flexible a shaft is manufacturer dependent. eg I use Stiff on my Ping Alta shaft and regular in a Fujikura as fitted to my TM.

What shaft are you looking for?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I agree a fitting would be sensible.
It’s the most important part of the club.
You don’t need to buy a new one there’s hundreds on eBay

NedPizza

Visit site
I don't think my swing is good enough to have a fitting. Last year I moved from steel to grahite shafts and found it much better on the hands, less pain.

As I'm 57 now with a slow swing, I just assumed senior flex was the way to go.

Last edited:

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think shaft weight may be more important for most average players, especially as Father Time starts to kick in. A firmish but lighter shaft might work well for a decent player who can square the face but is struggling to get the clubhead back to impact as effectively as he previously could.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Definitely agree a fitting is the way to go especially if you want to try several brands. Explain what you are looking for and make sure they have suitable shafts in stock. Personally I would go to a decent fitting centre rather than the well known high street stores