Shaft flex stopping half shot.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Been working on my game .
Have found when I try a 3/4 knock down shot it just dosnt work.
Works fine with wedges.
But with my irons Epic pro project x 6.0 LZ shafts it just dosnt work , mainly strike is just not there.
Could it be the shaft doesn’t work properly at a lower swing speed, as my wedges have different shafts and no problem with them.
Playing off 7 now so know how to play the shot (I think I do anyway)

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
1. As Bob has posted, video to double check thatnwhat you think is happening (and when) is actually happening.
2. Playing off 7 you will be accomadating your existing shafts to some degree (are tuned in to them if you prefer) on full shots. You may have to work at the timing of half shots - back to 1.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ok thanks for the advice I will try filming it.
It’s very strange .
But it’s when you know you just havnt got it in the sweet spot.
I hit five shots with 6/7/8/9 iron and they were average at best but soon as I go to wedge it works .
Scratching my head a bit.
All standard length and lie.
Wedge is S200.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
could it be that these are GI irons that are not designed for these type of shots??

when i had JPX pro irons i didn';t have the control of shorts shots, and punches, as the ball just flew off the face and always went miles further than i wanted

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
could it be that these are GI irons that are not designed for these type of shots??

when i had JPX pro irons i didn';t have the control of shorts shots, and punches, as the ball just flew off the face and always went miles further than i wanted

Ditto! And that was the start of my chipping yips, which still blight my game.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

You might be right as my wedges are Callaway forged.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But it’s when you know you just havnt got it in the sweet spot.

Could be the shafts if it just missing the sweet spot that is the problem.

It should be remembered that a shaft not only flexes along the line of the shot but also towards your body on full or nearly full shots with a good speed of swing.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Could be the shafts if it just missing the sweet spot that is the problem.

It should be remembered that a shaft not only flexes along the line of the shot but also towards your body on full or nearly full shots with a good speed of swing.
This was my thought that the half swing wasn’t quick enough to make the shaft work properly.
Or it could be me ,not good enough.
I seem to be short all the time but when I flush one it goes miles.