Shaft fitting advice please

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
I need to replace the shaft in my PING i210 4i and my GLIDE 2 wedge. I have been looking on the ping site and it does not say what type of shaft is fitted .355 or .370. Can anyone on here please tell me what I need to use. My irons have TTDG S300 and will be getting replaced with the same so I need to know whether it will be the taper or the parallel tip model that I need.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Has you club Pro got a shaft gauge?
(Probably not as most Pros these days don't do any club work but ship it out to someone else instead)

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Has you club Pro got a shaft gauge?
(Probably not as most Pros these days don't do any club work but ship it out to someone else instead)
I'm not being much help to the OP here, so my apologies.
At least this should give an idea on prices for the work.
Birstall Golf Club, Leicestershire.

birstall repairs.jpg

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With Dynamic Gold shafts 3 other ways to check
Taper butt is .58
Para .60

The number of steps
Taper S flex will have 12 steps at 1.75"
Para S flex will have 9 steps at @1.88""

On the butt
The identifier will be DGS300 -41 (41 being the uncut length on a para shaft)
and DGS300 + a number for length for a specific club shaft length eg 6 iron will normally be 38.5 and 4 iron 39.5

Last edited:

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
I will be doing the work myself, also I am not sure how good they are but it would be a long way for me to go to get some shafts replaced................ lol
After you've done the work, I hope you will give yourself an appropriate tip. ;)
We Brits are crap tippers, as everyone knows. ;)

RRidges

Visit site
I sure am crap at tipping................................... but why you calling yourself a brit? I am Leicester born and bred so I call myself an ENGLISHMAN
Probably to try to help someone they thought was an American. Many of the locals I work with in Kansas City have no idea where Australia is, but can reel every US state and its capital off either alphabetically or geopraphically.