Shaft comparison - Motore f1 / PX 7c3

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So I aquifer a new driver and it's come complete with a project x 7c3 73g shaft. I was originally planning on pulling this and fitting the Motore f1 65g, but reviews seems that it's a pretty decent shaft as it is.

Any of the experts know how this would play in relation to the f1. I can't get to the range until Friday morning and as I'm playing on Friday afternoon would be nice to know whether I need to just get the shafts swapped out or whether it's worth having a slap with the PX.

Cheers in advance.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
That should be a 74g shaft in a 6.0 flex. The weight is the issue here, and I think that may be a lot of shaft for the average player.

The acid test is to try it and see, ideally with some launch monitor data.

If you acquifer a driver, doesn't that mean throw it into an underground lake?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
That should be a 74g shaft in a 6.0 flex. The weight is the issue here, and I think that may be a lot of shaft for the average player.

The acid test is to try it and see, ideally with some launch monitor data.

If you acquifer a driver, doesn't that mean throw it into an underground lake?

73gm 6.0 from the specs of the one I've tried - in a G20. Weight seemed fine, but I was using a TP7/9015D at the time (which I am now back to!), so very little difference. A touch 'boardy' for me though - TP7 is definitely not boardy!

Very little (1 swing) of Motore, so can't compare.

Predictive text strikes again!

@Gareth Higher weight doesn't necessarily mean 'stout'! And 73gms is really mid-high weight, even these days 83+ is heavy, though I've certainly played that weight successfully with a (not all that 'stout') Code 8!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The motore plays quite a bit stiffer than the px 6.0 shaft based on when I tried them both in my titleist drIver. The px also launched a bit higher and wasn't to my tastes, albeit I go quite hard at it

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
@Gareth Higher weight doesn't necessarily mean 'stout'! And 73gms is really mid-high weight, even these days 83+ is heavy, though I've certainly played that weight successfully with a (not all that 'stout') Code 8!

Apologies.

I was referencing weight when compare to some of the 60g and even 55g shafts out there at the minute. Probably the wrong terminology but I know if I played a much heavier shaft it would certainly feel more firm.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well the PX seem to flight the ball lower and flatter, so loft up to 10.5* against the existing 9.5 and we are in business, I will no doubt try the Motore in the biocell but at the moment it's going to the course.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Apologies.

I was referencing weight when compare to some of the 60g and even 55g shafts out there at the minute. Probably the wrong terminology but I know if I played a much heavier shaft it would certainly feel more firm.

No apology needed!

I think 'stable' is the word rather than either 'stout' or 'stiff' - a stiff 60gm shaft should feel just as 'stiff' through impact as a 'stiff' 80gm one of the same type, but the 80gm one should feel more stable in transition and on the downswing. I've certainly experienced exactly that!

And the reverse...I have a 67gm (Code 6 SX) that is seriously 'stout' compared to the Stiff Code 8 (83gm)!