Shaft Changing

TobyRich1928

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi guys,
have decided that i might be able to change the shaft in my hybrid becasue it feels to light and i want to try a heavier one. so what i was wandering is, do you thinks it worth just changing the shaft for a heavier one? and if so do u have any recommmendations? or do you think it would be easier just to buy a new one? All comments would be greatful!!
Thanks

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Personally would try and pick up the one you want off ebay and put yours back on there, the net differential should be cheaper than getting a new shaft if anything at all bar postage.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
The UST shaft in the Adams is 85g, which is OK for a hybrid. Usually the shaft should get heavier as you go Driver > fairway > hybrid, and 6r > 75 > 85 would be reasonable enough. It is also suitable in R flex for 90-100mph swings, which if you get on well with R300 iron shafts is probably close enough. I don't know the Adams club very well, but the Adams website says that it has a swingweight of D2 which is not too heavy nor too light for most players.

However, it is a high launch, high spin shaft, and that may not be giving you the flight you want.

Overall, I am a bit surprised that it feels out of kilter with the other two. Neither the G15 not the Burner have very strong or heavy shafts. The UST is the best shaft you have!

TobyRich1928

Head Pro
Visit site
haha, yer but it just doesnt feel quite right, tried the titleist 909h with the diamana shaft i got on with that pretty well, felt more solid at impact and had a decent launch :S

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, no matter what the specs are.

If you are near a pro shop or range with a Titleist fitting cart, you could try the new 910 H hybrid. It has the adjustable and changeable shaft, so you can try a few different shafts in it and maybe find one you like. I tried one today and placed an order!

TobyRich1928

Head Pro
Visit site
yer thats what i was thinking of doing but i was wandering if that would work. ohh well, thanks for the help Ethan!! btw what did the 910h feel like?

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
yer thats what i was thinking of doing but i was wandering if that would work. ohh well, thanks for the help Ethan!! btw what did the 910h feel like?

The 910 felt pretty solid. I have a 585, and had contemplated getting a 909, but decided to wait for the new one. I have ordered one with the 92g Project X shaft (which will match the driver and 3 wood), but the Ahina shaft felt pretty good too.