shaft advice

Wolfman

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My driver has the blue grafalloy prolaunch reg shaft and it has been the best driver / shaft match i have ever found so far

What is this shaft like compared to other regular shafts in drivers, i have heard that it is a stiffer shaft than other regular shafts

My swing speed is approx 90mph

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
My driver has the blue grafalloy prolaunch reg shaft and it has been the best driver / shaft match i have ever found so far

What is this shaft like compared to other regular shafts in drivers, i have heard that it is a stiffer shaft than other regular shafts

My swing speed is approx 90mph

In my opinion the Graf PL Blue is a good mid flex shaft, not too soft but not too firm. It is difficult to compare shafts because there are no industry standards, and shafts have different characteristics in different places, but Miyazaki shafts have developed a rating scale called the international Flex Code, which rates the stiffness in four zones between butt and tip, a higher number indicating stiffer. The Graf PL Blue is rated 3-6-5-1 in R and 3-6-6-3 in S. In R that means it is R in the butt, a little stiffer than S in the mid upper section, S in the mid lower section and very soft in the tip.

There are not very many other shafts with a similar profile, but the Miyazaki C. Kua 59 comes close (3-5-5-2).

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
And having got that info, I'd suggest that you forget it, apart from maybe the fact that it's a 'soft-tipped' shaft - that will generally launch relatively high.

The fact that it is your 'best Driver/Shaft match' you've found should simply allow you to have confidence in it. While I've had years of dabbling with different shafts/heads (which has been great fun) my current Driver/shaft just works so well, I'm not even considering changing it. That doesn't mean I won't dabble with some of my 'backup' ones though - anyone got a spare Code-6 (S)? :D

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
And having got that info, I'd suggest that you forget it, apart from maybe the fact that it's a 'soft-tipped' shaft - that will generally launch relatively high.

The fact that it is your 'best Driver/Shaft match' you've found should simply allow you to have confidence in it. While I've had years of dabbling with different shafts/heads (which has been great fun) my current Driver/shaft just works so well, I'm not even considering changing it. That doesn't mean I won't dabble with some of my 'backup' ones though - anyone got a spare Code-6 (S)? :D

I don't disagree. The OP just wanted info to understand his driver shaft better, and a comparison.

I have a Code 6 in my backup driver. Great shaft.