Sergio

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
WOW, What an improvement to his putting! If only he sorted his chipping out he will defo be in contention at the Open. I reckon he is definitely going to be favourite with the bookies?

Hopefully he will keep this form up for the Ryder Cup.

Any other Sergio fans on here?

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
i a big sergio fan his ball striking is a thing of beauty,the sound of his shots makes my hair stand on end when i saw him

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Heard Mark Roe really lay into Sergio's chipping technique though. Not sure he has the short game flair of his countrymen (Ballesteros, Olazabel or even Larrazabal last week) which is one of the down sides of playing target golf week in week out ont he PGA tour.

Don't think he is strong enough mentally to heal the scars of last year and to chip and putt well enough to be a serious contender. I'd have hime as an E/W bet at best but predict a top 10 place at best

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
WOW, What an improvement to his putting! If only he sorted his chipping out he will defo be in contention at the Open. I reckon he is definitely going to be favourite with the bookies?

Hopefully he will keep this form up for the Ryder Cup.

Any other Sergio fans on here?
Garcia may have fans on this forum but I'm not one of them. I know this has been discussed before but Sergio Garcia is a big-headed, rude, arrogant t***.

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I disagree with Shanker. There are too many clones out on tour (admittedly mostly the U.S.) and Sergio adds a bit of colour and character to proceedings. His ball striking is amazing and I believe his chipping woes are a result of his poor putting pressuring him to chip it dead everytime. If his putting carries on like it is this will feed down to the short game, then watch out!! I'm a huge Lee Westwood fan and if he doesn't win the Open, then I hope Sergio does.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Whilst i would like Sergio to win a major, i still think, especially this season, his putting woes will resurface when the pressure comes on down the stretch.

Next year when he has honed his new technique he should win a major.

stevelockie

Head Pro
Visit site
He holed some clutch putts in the last round of his Players win, I don't think bottle will be a problem if he's in contention

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I like Sergio. At least he stands out as having some character.

Norman won too majors with a very suspect bottle. Sergio might do it yet.