Seniors, why is it..........

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
.........you spend your whole working life dragging yourself out of bed in the morning just in time to get to work without being late.
But after you retire, you're up at daft o'clock and knocking on the pro shop door at 7.10 wanting your buggy when the sign clearly says the shop doesn't open till 07.30?

D

Deleted member 23270

Could they not stay in bed till 10 and tee off at 11.00.
Home at 4 in time for a nap before tea

No because they all have to be in the bank or post office at lunchtime when working folk are rushing to get things done during their lunch break :angry:

PIng

Head Pro
Visit site
Before my old man passed away last year he used to insist on all his hospital appointments being the first of the day, even though it was inconvenient for me to take him at that time. I think he just wanted to get home as early as possible to carry on staring at the walls! Seriously though, don't the elderly generally get up early and go to bed early, so it's only natural for them to want to start their shopping/gardening/golf etc early.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
.........you spend your whole working life dragging yourself out of bed in the morning just in time to get to work without being late.
But after you retire, you're up at daft o'clock and knocking on the pro shop door at 7.10 wanting your buggy when the sign clearly says the shop doesn't open till 07.30?
My alarm goes off at 9.00, and I switch it off and go back to sleep. What is this 7.10 time you are talking about ?

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be fair, I have to drag myself out of bed at 6:45 every morning for work. At the weekend, alarm goes off at 6:30 for me 8 am tee off and I bounce off like skippy

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I get it. A life of getting up and doing something with the day so why stop once you retire. As Floyd said "one day closer to deat" so why not Carpe Diem. Perhaps the pro shop needs to make more effort

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
My old man is always off at 8am. I genuinely have no idea what he does with the rest of the day. (I know I could ask, but then he might start thinking about the meaninglessness of it all and it could tip him over the edge...)

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
To be fair, I have to drag myself out of bed at 6:45 every morning for work. At the weekend, alarm goes off at 6:30 for me 8 am tee off and I bounce off like skippy

6:45am, lucky you, mine goes off an hour earlier than that, I'm starting work just as you're my getting up...

Fish

Banned
Visit site

We have 6 garage lock ups on site with our own keys for trolleys & bags and a large garage for buggies with a code so we can access them at any time, my garage costs me £100 a year and I love it. I simply finish my round, wheel it in and plug the battery and my SkyCaddie in (I have 2 plugs I can use) and off I go.