Sending clubs using Parcelforce - beware

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've been selling some of my unused clubs and as such I've sold 5, 3 arrived perfectly, but my 3 Fairway didn't fair so well, got a message and a photo from the lad who bought my 3 fairway this morning. The first image is the shaft of the club showing the make and type, I used this on Ebay to show the club was in good order, the second is the damage after delivery.

The club was packed extremely well, in thick stiff carboard, bubble wrap, etc..., to break the cardboard I used and the shaft would have taken a huge amount of force.

The lad who bought the club is gutted and I've now had to go through the claims process with Parcel Force.

IMG_1063.jpg image1.jpg

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
Shame. To be fair, I always use MyHermes and although they are traditionally a poor outfit, they've yet to let me down (touch wood as I've sent off two parcels today). Hopefully the claims process goes smoothly- keep your buyer informed (unless you've already refunded him) and hopefully your eBay feedback won't be affected.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
There is no good reason to send a club via Parcelforce. It is expensive slow and unreliable. I always use Interparcel and get UPS shipping faster, cheaper, more reliable and with pickup.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I gave up on Parcelforce after twice in a row clubs handed over at the post office never even made it as far as the sorting office.

spawn_ukuk

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ive always used myhermes and they never let me down at all, used them around 10 times so and each time been perfect.

so far............

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
There is no good reason to send a club via Parcelforce. It is expensive slow and unreliable. I always use Interparcel and get UPS shipping faster, cheaper, more reliable and with pickup.

I'm with this! Interparcel is much better - and much cheaper; Hermes is much much cheaper and just as (un)reliable.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
And the Parcelforce Customs clearance place in Coventry is hopeless. They are tragically slow, yet charge £12.50 for their incompetence. I have an item which arrived in Coventry on March 23rd and I still haven't received their request for payment. Which will probably be wrong. UPS clear stuff through customs in minutes.

A while back I bought a Japanese head cover, which cost about £20 but was priced in Yen (3700 or so) and had a Tokyo postmark and lots of Japanese writing on it. The idiots at Coventry read it as dollars and charged duty and VAT on $3700, even though the package said golf headcover. I called them and eventually got through and they said I should pay the fee (about £500) and claim it back. I refused and said they could send it back to the sender at their cost. Then they relented. But that all took a couple of weeks more. Idiots.

Last edited:

mchacker

Head Pro
Visit site
Not just Parcelfarce, Royal Fail delivered what was supposed to be my new driver shaft yesterday with a nice crease in the tube and an equally unpleasant bend in the shaft, 4 wks of the season up in smoke now :(