Selective weeding

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I paid the g’kids 20p a seed ‘head.’ Cost me a fortune. But we didn’t have a chimney to send them up.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have always used Verdone now weedol.

Might be best to buy a spot weeder spray first to see it works on the weeds you have as it is not a 'kill all'.

Plantain is best removed by hand as soon as you see it, it has very deep roots and much harder to remove if it matures. On the golf course I use a pitch repair tool to lift it out when I see it on a green.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Same treatment as dandelions. Push a long screwdriver/chisel down alongside the weed, lever slightly sideways (you may hear the tap root break) and lift out.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry to hijack the thread a little but anyone know any decent methods for getting rid of weeds in block paving that do not involve me killing my aging back. House is going on the market following separation so need to tidy the drive up a bit but do not want to spend a chunk of cash to get it spotless like I have done in the past. Ideally needs to be pet safe so that disregards most of the really good stuff :D :D

RichA

Visit site
I use Weed/Feed/Mosskiller granules every Spring, which seems to work on most weeds.
For the block-paved driveway I either spot spray with weedkiller or use a blowtorch.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry to hijack the thread a little but anyone know any decent methods for getting rid of weeds in block paving that do not involve me killing my aging back. House is going on the market following separation so need to tidy the drive up a bit but do not want to spend a chunk of cash to get it spotless like I have done in the past. Ideally needs to be pet safe so that disregards most of the really good stuff :D :D
Just use a spray weedkiller and then run over it with a wire patio brush to remove the dead weeds. Doesn't require a lot of effort and is possibly the easiest way if you are not doing a proper clean up job.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I use Weed/Feed/Mosskiller granules every Spring, which seems to work on most weeds.
For the block-paved driveway I either spot spray with weedkiller or use a blowtorch.

Due to my purported ineptitude with dangerous tools I was never allowed a blow torch. Now my wife has moved out, maybe now I can get some heavy duty garden weaponry :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

RichA

Visit site
Due to my purported ineptitude with dangerous tools I was never allowed a blow torch. Now my wife has moved out, maybe now I can get some heavy duty garden weaponry :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
It's only because of MrsA that I use the blowtorch. Left to my own devices I'd just use a can of lighter fluid and a zippo.

VVega

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thank you for all replies, much appreciated!

Any recommendations for a the moss killer (have quite a bit in another part).

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

The blow torch method takes a long time to work any way , you are not trying to burn them away just scorch tehm enough to stop them from growing and they die eventually.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thank you for all replies, much appreciated!

Any recommendations for a the moss killer (have quite a bit in another part).
If you are going to treat most of the lawn why not simply use a weed and mosskiller combined in one e.g