Seems a bargain!!..........

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Looking to get back into club golf and get my handicap active again, I'd initially thought I'd be returning to Cooden as a flexible member.
Unfortunately, they've recently done away with the "flexible" category, and replaced it with something they call "off peak" membership.
This allows me to play after 2pm during the Summer and mid-day during the winter months.
But the cost has risen to just over £800.00!!
Have also looked at joining East Sussex National, which is considerably cheaper at £450.00 but would limit me to about 12 or 13 games, depending on tee off times/weekends etc.
Another local club to me, Highwoods, has just started a new flexible membership scheme, which on the face of it seems to offer terrific value for money.
https://www.highwoodsgolfclub.co.uk/
I'd been a member there before, pretty nice little parkland course, but for various reasons left and joined Cooden.
My £500.00 gets me 20 playing "credits". Play anytime after mid-day and it costs me one credit.
Play before mid-day and it rises to 2 credits. Very simple!!
So if I play all of my golf after mid-day I'm going to get 20 rounds, which works out at £25.00 per round.
And looking at the blurb, there are no restrictions on week-end play, so I'll be able to take part in stableford comps etc. on Sundays.
Seems a no brainer......have sent off the application form. Let's hope they don't require references.....:cry::cry::cry:

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
You ought to move further north. Here are some full membership fees for a cracking course in Leicestershire, Charnwood Forest. House prices a lot less than Sussex also.full fees.jpg

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
At my club they do a 'Lifestyle' membership that sounds similar. It's £600 for 600 credits. Playing in the week costs 30 credits, weekend 36 credits (this reflects the member's guest green fee rates exactly I think). So if you stick to weekdays you'd get 20 rounds across the year. But if you use them up before the end of the year, you can 'top up' with another amount that varies depending on the month. There are a few conditions though, such as you can't enter major comps or knockouts.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Just make sure what comps you are eligible for. A lot of clubs say you can play at weekends and in comps, but exclude you from any honours board comps
Can't play honours board comps, but not too fussed. As long as I can enter the cut and thrust of the Sunday medals/Stablefords that'll do for me.
Mainly looking to activate my handicap again
???

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
No Rich. I was trying to get Chris to "visualise" the shot. He was a bit thrown, floundering in uncharted waters as he had a clear line to the flag. If you have ever played with him before you'll know that doesn't happen to him very often...???
Err, excuse me Rob! Not sure if that was a compliment or not. ?