Security

ThinAir

Medal Winner
www.facebook.com
I am going to be fitted for some new irons in a couple of weeks.

I was wondering what everyone else does with regard to security marking clubs (if anything).

I have a lot of audio equipment in my house, and I spend time marking this, photographing it, smart water marking it (probably the best option for my clubs) etc, but don't really wanna write or scratch anything onto or into my set of shiny new clubs!

I have thought about secreting a GPS tracker somewhere in my bag, but obviously don't want to stick these all over my clubs.

Does anyone else take precautions like this or do you just cross your fingers and hope that some toe rag doesn't nick your stuff?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
To be honest, living in Bolton you need to do way more than that. As a starting point I'd suggest tying a Rottweiler to your bag.

Don't do owt. My gear goes from my locker to the trolley, and thewn back to the locker. If I'm on an away day, substitute car boot for locker...

ThinAir

Medal Winner
www.facebook.com
Depends on your insurance so check the small print

I'll check this out tomorrow. Will give them a call.

Insurance is all well and good, but it won't stop them being taken. All the stuff I have marked fairly obviously has the relevant details either written on and/or stuck to them, in the hope of deterring any would be little blighter. I guess this is something I will just have to suck up with my clubs.

Looks like I am off shopping for a Rottweiler.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'll check this out tomorrow. Will give them a call.

Insurance is all well and good, but it won't stop them being taken. All the stuff I have marked fairly obviously has the relevant details either written on and/or stuck to them, in the hope of deterring any would be little blighter. I guess this is something I will just have to suck up with my clubs.

Looks like I am off shopping for a Rottweiler.
After refusing to pay some Neds a fiver to keep an eye on his car in Glasgow's East end and telling them he had a Rottweiler in the car .
The neds shouted as he was walking away=
" Mister can it put out fires " :rofl:

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Those security micro-dots used to be popular not sure if they're still available but definitely wouldn't be seen on the clubs. Dot details then registered with the police etc etc

edit: here's one I'm sure there are others

Last edited:

Paul_Stewart

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Are there any places that do Rottweiler custom fitting? Could a future issue of Golf Monthly test all different Rottweilers and recommend the best one to get?

drew83

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I made a note of the serial numbers and sent these off to Ping and my insurers with proof of purchase. Should the worse happen it's on record and what I paid. Perhaps OCD but hey

This....

definitely photograph & photocopy the clubs & receipt. Send to home insurers / golf insurers/ motor insurers (in case they get nicked with your car).

Keep copies for yourself. Maybe a fireproof safe in your house somewhere? Along with passports/birth certs/ wedding certs etc.

Don't leave anything to chance!!

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Your clubs would be covered under your contents 'personal possesions' cover which is almost always an additional add on. This means you would be covered for loss, theft or damage outside of the home too.

I doubt very much you'd have any issue with the maximum value limit - most places are about £3k and if your clubs are anymore just name them on the policy.

Dont know why you'd be so concerned about someone nicking your clubs, insurance is usually new for old, so lets say your clubs get nicked in 6mnths time - chances are your clubs are 3-4 versions old by now (if they are TM or Callaway) - you'd get the original value you'd paid back - new set of irons. sorted.