Seaford head - fun 4 ball in the rain?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

Evening all,

Due to play seaford head on Monday and weather forecast not looking great.... Me and regular playing partner off 9 and 12. Got two 28 handicappers joining us and I'm trying to think of the best format to make the best of what could be a tough round.

What would you do?

Some kind of scramble? Better ball?

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Evening all,

Due to play seaford head on Monday and weather forecast not looking great.... Me and regular playing partner off 9 and 12. Got two 28 handicappers joining us and I'm trying to think of the best format to make the best of what could be a tough round.

What would you do?

Some kind of scramble? Better ball?
I'd do a pairs scramble match. One good player per side, obvs. That way most of the shots would be from a decent enough spot and the higher handicappers will have the fun of being in the match without having to face the consequences of their actions.
The weather forecast I'm looking at doesn't look tooooo bad. But it'll be a bit windy up there. The last tee shot might come back over your head...

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Given the forecast, when you get to the 18th aim at France. Whatever the apps say wind wise, add 10-12mph minimum for up on the top!

As for format, keep it simple - hi&lo hcp pairs match. There's enough going on around a windy Seaford head to keep it interesting for all involved.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Probably Stableford betterball with a 28 capper on each team? Whenever I'm paying a green fee I'd rather play my own round and have my own score, even if it's a terrible one! Which you don't get with scramble etc.

D

Deleted member 18121

We didn't get any rain at all, in fact it was a glorious day albeit windy.

We ended up playing a combined stableford pairs match... Ended up 72>67 , mainly because I played out of my skin.

Was -2 gross standing on the 9th tee.... Wheels fell off a little and ended up +6 with a 77.... But in that wind chuffed to bits, and the course was great condition.

Lovely course, great value.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
With no wind and a nice warm day, the course is there for the taking. But when the wind gets up, it is bloody difficult.

The view as you walk up the 13th fairway must be one of the best in the world :cool: