Scuffing Driver

Bassfisher

Visit site
Morning experts. As a 20 handicapper I’m constantly struggling with my driver, I have no consistency often hitting bad shots that then cost me shots!
One of my common bad shots is a ‘push’ to the left when the ball goes very low into the rough about 30yds away. Im wondering if there’s an obvious reason why that happens? Maybe I hit the ball with the heel of the club? Thanks

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
hitting down on it, from the outside with the face pointing left!

Try to put the ball on your left little toe, It will be wayward but should get you hitting up on it, which is a start!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
When you slice you normally have an out to in swing path with the clubface open to the path. That out to in downswing produces a steep angle of attack and can often de-loft the face. If you don't open the face through impact as normal, and have it square or even closed, that would almost certainly produce the shot you have described.
To help with that, get someone to check your grip, you may have a strong right hand and need to weaken it.

Having said all that, you could be catching it out of the heel. If you put some electrical tape on the face of the club and hit a few, the impact marks will tell you what's happening.

Bassfisher

Visit site
Hi guys , thank you for your input! I appreciate it and as such would like to update you. I’ve had three rounds since my original post, I have moved the ball forward, it was nearer centre than my left foot, since then I have not hit the ball low/left! But I still have no real control and do for a while I plan to remove my driver and go with my hybrid which I can get 200 yards with, and less trouble! thanks again!