Scotty Cameron

Beaker

Assistant Pro
www.bedalegolfclub.com
Hi,

Not posted on here for ages now but have been reading posts once a week. I changed jobs, moved in with GF and it all added up to less time on here!

What im asking is, i've had a really good golfing year - I won 4 comps and an open day and one of the 4 comps was a club major so to say i'm pleased is an understatement, especially as i've never won a mens comp at my club before! Because of this i've built up quite a sum of money in the pro shop (About £300) and really fancy either a new set of irons or a scotty cameron circa 62. I was realy wanting to ask two questions:

1 - Can you have a scotty putter cover designed especially for you and can you have your putter engraved?

2 - I like the look of Titleist AP2s - what is the going rate and are titleist releasing anything else soon?

I'd be looking to order in Feb time as I go to America golfing in April so would really like one of the two before then? I would appreciate your comments!

Thanks

Matt

ColinR

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi

In answer to your auestions...

1. Yes, you can have a great deal of customisation of your Scotty. Check out their website they have a full service for it. A friend of mine has about 6, all of which have different jobs done on them, very obsessive !!

2. The AP2's have just been updated in the last month and are the latest and greatest from Titliest. I also looked into these but ended up choosing the MP-52's

Good luck !!

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
You cannot have a cover designed for you, but there are plenty of special edition and tour covers available on ebay.

You can have any Cameron, including pre-Titleist ones, restored or customised. Customisation usually involves adding stamps, initials, changing the length and weight, changing the paint and changing the grip and cover. They are stamped rather than engraved, and there is a limit to the number of letters you can add. It is not cheap, and requires shipping the club to California. I have had quite a few putters customised and/or authenticated, and I know all the tips and tricks for shipping. Send me a message if you want to know more.

You can also have some putters refinished in a different finish. Some finishes, for example the black oxide finish, don't do well in the UK weather, so you can have a putter redone in a platinum finish which is more durable.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
Wish I got £300, won rabbits trophy, another trophy and a mixed 4 ball comp and ended with £30 for all of them :( I just don't see the point anymore.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi

Dont know about the Scotty but i have the AP2s from last year they are the best irons i've ever had and would suit a golfer of your talent.
I've looked at this years model and i dont think there is a significant differnce.
You should be able to pick a second hand set up for about the money you have.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I would avoid the circa 62, and go for a studio select or one of the new californias. Stainless steel is much less hassle to look after, although you do get a bit of glare on the rare sunny day. The black oxide is terrible in the UK for rust, and I believe that the Charcoal mist is only marginally better. The pro platinum is ok, but discontinued unless you go custom (not cheap).

Beaker

Assistant Pro
www.bedalegolfclub.com
Well thanks for all your help on the issue so far!

I currently use Titleist 735's and i love the feel you get with 8-pw but the weekness I have with them is with the longer irons so I was thinking the AP2's would be more forgiving?

I also quite fancy getting a scotty mainly because I have had such a good year it would be nice to have something to keep forever - I doubt i'll ever have as good a year as this one!! Plus (Like many others) i've always wanted a scotty and thought that now would be a good time to get one, especially with all the credit I have with my pro!

Just can't decide what to go for!! :D

Faldo_Fan

Head Pro
Visit site
Ahhhhhh i remember when i first moved in with the gf....sport seemed low on the priorities, endless sex def ruined my game, but then i married her so i'm back now with unlimited play and practice time!!!!.....ahhhh those were the days! :D

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Do you not get any trophies or medals to commemorate your wins. Personally I'd have those to remind me and then use my winnings on the new irons. I'm not a Scotty fan so forgive my lack of knowledge but is the putter you are looking for a commemorative one to display for your wins or to use. If its the latter is there any playing benefit in getting the work done.

I'm not sure when the new AP2's hit the shops but would think it would be after Christmas as Titleist have only recently announced them

Barney

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I thought the Scotty Cameron Studio for personalized putters was only available in the US.
Does anyone know this service is definitely available in the UK and does anyone have a link to the UK site ?

Thanks

RichardSanderson

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It's definitely not available in the UK, however you can ship your putter over there to have it personalised. I looked into it as personalised scottys hold their value very well. Is worth sending just the head for the cost saving on shipping.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's definitely not available in the UK, however you can ship your putter over there to have it personalised. I looked into it as personalised scottys hold their value very well. Is worth sending just the head for the cost saving on shipping.

Correct. The Studio is in San Marcos, California. That is the only place for official Cameron customisation. Titleist UK used to offer a more basic refurbishment service, not sure if they still do or not, but if you want stamps and snazzy effects, it will be California or nowt.

Note also that if you want a reshaft or full refurb (which includes reshafting), you need only send over the putter head. That will save some shipping costs.

The Cameron website says that International orders are not accepted. That is out of date, and was because of a previous card verification system that non-US cards did not like. So long as you can get an order number after entering all your requirements and paying, you are in business. it is worth ordering a custom shop cover. You can always ebay it for more than you paid. Paying by Amex seems to be the most reliable method.

Either way, best shipping method is UPS or FedEx bought through Interparcel or Parcels2go rather than Parcelforce. It will be about £35 for a full putter with shaft. Make sure the package is marked 'For repair and return'. Return shipping will be FedEx and will not be charged duty or VAT by UK Customs.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Funnily enough I was talking to my pro today who is a Titleist stockist and he says he can't get hold of the new model until January 4th. AG are still stocking the old version as are Nevada Bob in Reading.

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
Funnily enough I was talking to my pro today who is a Titleist stockist and he says he can't get hold of the new model until January 4th. AG are still stocking the old version as are Nevada Bob in Reading.

I must have lucked out then. Ordered the 2008 AP1's but they had no four degree uprights left so when I heard they were bringing out a new model I decided back in September to order them instead. I guess they must have had a lot of preorders for them and the AP2s.

My pros played them both and says they are much sweeter to hit and go miles!

Beaker

Assistant Pro
www.bedalegolfclub.com
Do you not get any trophies or medals to commemorate your wins.

Yeah we got trophies too, its money from entering the sweep which is there too so adds up to quite a nice total!

I've managed to have a go with the circa putter that I like (well liked!!) I have decided that im going to have a custom fit day and see if the AP2's are the irons I should go for, I hope so because I think i'm in love!!

Thanks for all your help everyone who posted, I managed to find out that I can get them in Jan so with a bit of luck I might be able to save a bit more and get them before I go on holiday!