Scotty Cameron tweaks.......

Macster

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For the last 2+ years, Ive used, and loved, my Scotty Cameron Newport Fastback, and for the most part, to good effect too. Its looked after, admired every time i draw it out, and for me, well worth the not inconsiderable expense these Scotty's command.

So, when I found myself drooling over what was essentially the latest incarnation of the same club in our Pro Shop, it took me by surprise !
Basically, its the same, albeit now with one of the Matador thicker grips on, and an 'aluminium face insert', so no reason why it would work any better.

The only think irking me about mine, was that one of the 3 Red Dots on the back of my own, had recently fallen out, it was only paint fill anyway, and I'd refilled it with some of MrsM's very best Nail Polish, but that was the issue, it was a slightly different shade, and just irked my deep inside OCD inclinations !!

However, I slapped myself around the face, told myself to get a grip, and bought one of the said Matador Grips online for £25, and researched the 'Translucent Paintfill needed to refill the Dot correctly ! Some Tamiya 'Clear Red' paint later, all the way from some far off place for just £3.50, Posted, I today removed the Nail Varnish with some Acetone (again wife's), and refilled the Dot, and to be honest, its such a damn good match, spot on.

Rew Grip fitted too, and all good to go, with my New Old Scotty !

Sometimes, we really do have to slap ourselves eh ? A bit of effort goes a long way sometime........

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I had a Futura x putter that I traded in against a pretty Newport M2 ... it's much nicer, but I putted better with my old one.... yes I need a slap....