Scotty Cameron Select Jet Set

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
They are very lovely putters, but unless I'm a lotto winner tonight I'll stick with my run of the mill scotty.

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’d rather look down at a chipper! ?
Bought some wedges recently. Young pro sales guy was asking me how many I wanted. “Two” I said.
“Hmm that makes gapping difficult considering the lofts on your irons. How is your bag made up? How many fairways? How many hybrids? 5 iron to PW? Plus putter…..Brilliant”, he says. “3 wedges will give you 14 clubs. Perfect gapping!”
“Err, no. I will just take two please.”

I didn’t want to mention the chipper ???

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Bought some wedges recently. Young pro sales guy was asking me how many I wanted. “Two” I said.
“Hmm that makes gapping difficult considering the lofts on your irons. How is your bag made up? How many fairways? How many hybrids? 5 iron to PW? Plus putter…..Brilliant”, he says. “3 wedges will give you 14 clubs. Perfect gapping!”
“Err, no. I will just take two please.”

I didn’t want to mention the chipper ???

Chipper-shame ???

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Scotty Cameron are the masters of marketing.
People pay 8 or 10, you could say even 20 times more than necessary for a putter and are then proud to show it off to their mates, who are equally in awe of it. o_O

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Scotty Cameron are the masters of marketing.
People pay 8 or 10, you could say even 20 times more than necessary for a putter and are then proud to show it off to their mates, who are equally in awe of it. o_O

I have to disagree with certain parts of this. Having always struggled with various styles of putters and never settling on a putter for longer than 6 months it was time to get some stability and trust in a flat stick. After a fitting the proof was there on what style/length/etc I needed and at this point it was decision time.
A) a mizzy at £150, TM or ping at £225 with a relatively low investment a bad day would have always tempted me to change as the loss moving it on would have been minimal.
B) invest more in something that i had to simply stick with through good times and bad.

I went with option b and i do not regret it one bit. Other then two stand out bad days my putting is the best it’s ever been and in 10 years it’s the only time I’ve only owned 1 putter (excluding a pin seeker two sided variant in my vintage set)

RRidges

Visit site
It's the club you use most in any round, so important to get one that works for you,
But no way would I pay that much. They are $650 here so a shade cheaper. But I've never 'clicked' with any Scotty that I've tried.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Lovely to look at... but that price!

edit:
Actually just read the blurb on that 'new' range and coincidently much of it is exactly the same description of features that was used on my Nike putter;
Blade shape with plumbers neck
Precision milled from 303 stainless steel
Milled face
rounded features
heel-and-toe weighted
pistol grip

Looks like I just ‘saved’ 600 (& increased the insured value of my putter) :sneaky:

Last edited:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Nice looking putter. If you could get one for the RRP you’d probably be able to sell it for a few hundred more.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
£600 for a putter not a chance in hell.

That is ludicrous money. Scottys are just a copy of the Ping Anser no? Can someone tell me what is so special about them given that they aren't the original design and there are multitudes of different manufacturers that make a heel toe anser style putter. They are mass produced so not bespoke made, what is it the feeling, weighting, or perhaps people convince themselves they are special because they've forked out ridiculous amount of money for them.

I do like the look of those Sink putters though, I was looking for a new one, and Sussex isn't too far so think that may be my next fitting.

AAC

Visit site
I have used the same SC putter for about 15 years, it was expensive when I bought it, however I still have it after probably something approaching 1000 rounds so for me I consider it very good value for money. Would I pay £600 for a new one ?, no I wouldn't as I doubt I have another 15 years of golf in me, if i lost it I would settle for a less expensive putter.

They are quality putters, so just like a car or a watch or even a pair of shoes if you can afford what you want then buy it and enjoy it.

Springveldt

Visit site
£599 for a putter? That's a months gas and electricity come January!
With the projected rises in October and January and if my usage stays the same as last year that will actually be my bill in January. :sick:

As for the putter, I'm guessing the name is who it's aiming at.

Springveldt

Visit site
£600 for a putter not a chance in hell.

That is ludicrous money. Scottys are just a copy of the Ping Anser no? Can someone tell me what is so special about them given that they aren't the original design and there are multitudes of different manufacturers that make a heel toe anser style putter. They are mass produced so not bespoke made, what is it the feeling, weighting, or perhaps people convince themselves they are special because they've forked out ridiculous amount of money for them.

I do like the look of those Sink putters though, I was looking for a new one, and Sussex isn't too far so think that may be my next fitting.
Tiger used one?

I watched one of my PP change to one and guess what, he still misses 3 footers regularly.