Scottish Open

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Pleased we got up at 4am to get there for the last few tee times this morning. What a day of golf under really challenging conditions. The wind was properly blowing. The ability of the top guys to control the flight was superb. The course was top notch. Last few holes built the tension nicely and a brilliant finish. Great day.

D

Deleted member 15344

Just a stunning round of golf from Bob MacIntyre

Did that get him into The Open or had he already qualified?

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We go every year and this was the best one in ages. Bobs round must be close to round of the year to go 6 under in wind as strong as that. The fact he and rory both birdied the last when bob had a fairway wood from the rough and rory was hitting a 2 iron stinger from the semi rough is amazing.

sunshine

Visit site
Watching the closing stretch I thought Rory had to birdie 16 - he has to capitalise on the par 5's. So when he gave himself a good birdie chance but his putt rolled agonizingly past the hole, I thought here we go again. I then fully expected him to roll good putts on 17 and 18 that just drift past the hole.

But no! This was not a major, so he confidently knocked them in for a magnificent win. Well done Rory, hope he can take the positive vibes to Hoylake.

sunshine

Visit site
Post round interview, Rory said his usual carry number with the 2 iron is 260, and he had 202 to the flag, so it was a 60 yard wind :)