Scottish motorway services

TomC

GM Staff
Visit site
We have made it to Scotland!

Just stopped off for a better than expected Wimpey burger.

Two questions

What's your favourite Motorway services fast food outlet?

And

What ever happened to Mr Wimpey?

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
McDonald's breakfast menu.....love them sausage and egg mcmuffins :eek: .....and lashings of coffee - only trouble with the coffee is that it is always hotter than the sun and you are in the next county before you can drink it!

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Oxford services are pretty good, you can get pretty much anything you want in there then sit beside the water feature which drowns out the noise of the motorway.

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
We still have a Wimpy in Motherwell and I am BURGERED if I can recall my last visit ????

I tend to avoid the robbing B'stards at service stations and would rather pull off the motorway (Penrith is good for choice) and pay a reasonable fare for food.

Heading for Turnberry I would load up at Morrisons in Ayr for the wee jaunt south.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Wimpy half pounder, in a toasted bun with cheese, loads of onions and a touch (just a touch) of ketchup. Preferably dripping with fat. And Wimpy chips are best, proper potato not chopped and shaped like McDonalds.
Failing that, a nice salad.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Me and my best mate got banned from the Wimpy in High Wycombe 30 years ago for asking a waitress if she did everything with relish........... :eek:

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
I don't do motorway service station fast food outlets. Too blody expensive and a complete rip off.

If I'm so hungry during a journey I'll pull off and find a supermarket. The likes of Tesco, Sainsbury and Asda do cracking fod in their restaurants, at a good price too!

I am a Yorkshireman! ££££££££££ ;)

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
Remember a place in Truro from years ago (might have been a Wimpy in the days when they did more than burgers).

We were in there, it was raining so in no hurry, when a 'gentleman of the road' came in.

Sat quietly by the door, ordered the first item on the menu, ate that then ordered the second, and continued right through the entire menu. Then got up and quietly left, without paying. Must have been three or four staff and the lot of them just stood there dumbfounded.

They did get a bit annoyed at us, we were doubled up laughing, mostly at the looks on their faces.

mancity101

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Teebay (think its spealt like that) In Cumbria near Kendal is a good motorway services, family owned and local farm frsh food, non of the plastic muck at other place, however, cant beat a good Lil Chef...do you still get the lollies if you eat all your meal?

mancity101

Assistant Pro
Visit site
incidently, whats peoples opinion on BBC golf coverage...are we subjected to 4 days of Alliss' old boy get to gether and the fawning waffle of Cotter and Brown?
Mind you dont think Sky are anybetter...why does golf have duff commentators?

In the bag
Taylomade R7 10.5
Mizuno HiFly 18 deg 2 iron
Macgregor 3-pw M657 irons + S.I.
Ping anser3 putter (that wont behave!)

vig

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't do motorway services.

Couldn't eat the crap they ALL serve up.

I take my own drinks with me, snacks too. If I pull into a services, it's generally for a slash and back on the road again.