Scottish Forumers, remember we're playing next Friday 22nd

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi chaps,

Just a wee reminder about the outing at Glen Golf Club in North Berwick on 22nd August. The three tee times are 11.30, 11.37 & 11.44am. Coffee and bacon rolls in main lounge on the 1st floor of the clubhouse from 10.30ish onwards.

Here's a link to the exact location of the clubhouse;-

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl...p;sll=56.056469,-2.701145&sspn=0.00381,0.01134&ie=UTF8&ll=56.05711,-2.70166&spn=0.00381,0.01134&z=17&iwloc=A

There are 10 of us so far, so costs for the coffee and rolls beforehand, round of golf and 2 course dinner afterwards should be £40 if we all turn up. £44 if we don't have 10. Pay on the day in cash please. It makes life easier for the starter.

I'll see you all there. Those confirmed so far are as follows so there is still room for a couple if anyone wants to private message me. Looking forward to it.

J-F
Madandra
DCB
TOMO21
StuartD
Atticus-Finch & 1 pal
Frasting
SS2
Toad

p.s. Toad and Atticus, I'm picking you up at the train station to take you down to the clubhouse. What time d'you arrive? Cheers

DCB

Visit site
J_F,

Just driven home in a monsoon, so I do hope you are making arrangements for some drier weather next week.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Guy's I'd love to be there and put faces to the names but I'm going to be doing other things!Have a great day though!It's a great course and I'm sure that you'll all enjoy it!Good luck and great golf!!!

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have already told Mrs Mad I am abstaining from physical relations in order to keep my energy for the match.

She CHEERED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She said I should keep that promise to myself until the season is finished :(

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just to say, lads, that it looks like Toad won't be able to make it on Friday. Unavoidable alternative appointment, I'm afraid. Hopefully see you again soon, John.

However, to make up the numbers I've invited by pals and regular playing partners, Scott and Gerry, to come along. They both know the course well and can guide you along. This should give us 11 now.

Room for 1 more on the tee. Any takers?

And Dave, (DCB) has put up a prize at the signature hole, the short 13th pictured here;-

GlenGolfClub.jpg

Before you ask...it's not a BMW for a hole in one. :p

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good work, Dave. It's looking like the weather will be spanking! Sun and no wind. Keep praying.

Guys, I'm like to take a bit of footage with my camera for posterity.

If any of you have compact cameras which take video with SD cards could you bring them along and get some footage too. I'll supply the SD card for them. I'll then put together a wee video for the delectation of our fellow forumers. Nothing worse than a video of only four golfers, eh!

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
I was lucky enough to get round the Glen last night (Tuesday) and I must say the course is in good condition. There’s some standing water here and there, enough to bring on preferred lies. The course is lush, no wonder after all the rain we’ve had, and it’s belting down this morning so I hope it will be okay come Friday. I’ve forgot already what the tracks like as I was concentrating on playing as well as I could……I was playing with the past club champion.

Oh, the scenery is outstanding and the new clubhouse is superb.

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
Forecast looks reasonable given the weather recently.

I just hope that I can survive the inevitable road rage which will result from having to drive on the M8 and the Edinburgh City Bypass.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

See y'all tomorrow.

Andy.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes. Weather looks fine for tomorrow.

We are now the dirty dozen. Madandra's brother in law, Joe, who played with us on the Rosemount forum day, will be there too. Excellent. 3 fourballs. Just fine and dandy.

See you all tomorrow.

StuartD

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Edinburgh Bypass should not be too bad as the traffic should be dying down. Sherrifhall roundabout could still be bad with the roadworks though.

You guys from the west will just have to sit in the M8 queues at Hermiston Gate though :D

See you all tomorrow

SS2

Tour Rookie
scoresaver.co.uk
You guys from the west will just have to sit in the M8 queues at Hermiston Gate though

I'll be alright as long as I don't accidentally tune into the John Gaunt "show" on Talk Sport. If that happens AND I am stuck on the Edinburgh Shi**y Bypass I may be forced to kill myself.

DCB

Visit site
As mentioned already, there are some fairly major roadworks at the Sherifhall Roundabout. If you are getting there after rush hour it shouldn't be too bad, just be patient. I have avoided that area for a while now so cant say which is best lane to approach, ie inside or outside. Best of luck.

There were average speed cameras on the section of road after the roundabout with 40mph limit so be aware they may still be in operation.

Other than that, don't get stressed and see you there.