Scotland V Germany

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
No, no, no, no, nooooo. :)

Yeah. I like the attitude he seems to have instilled at the club as much as the style of football......players reading the riot act to themselves cos they should have taken more chances and won by more.....I'm liking that. :thup:

Early days, but so far he does look to be a really good appointment.
At the moment I reckon we'd be a pretty tough draw for most teams in Scotland.

Bit of a weird one Brentford getting rid after the job he did there. From what I read and hear from mates who, for their siins ;), are Rangers fans he has been very impressive in his attitude/approach as much as anything like you say.

You must hàve the 2nd highest budget in Scotland don't you so I wouldn't be surprised to see you win a cup really.

Make the most of this season and hope we finish second before you get back in.

C

c1973

Bit of a weird one Brentford getting rid after the job he did there. From what I read and hear from mates who, for their siins ;), are Rangers fans he has been very impressive in his attitude/approach as much as anything like you say.

You must hàve the 2nd highest budget in Scotland don't you so I wouldn't be surprised to see you win a cup really.

Make the most of this season and hope we finish second before you get back in.

Probably is the second highest, but we only spent around £600,000 on new players. Looking like they'll have decent resale value, which is gonna be the way it is from now on I'd think.

In other news, the offending smelly Celtic fans appear to have been identified.

JS35748810.jpg

A wee poll for fans of Scottish football.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/celtic-write-fans-reminding-wash-6451792

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...ttp://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php&_rdr

Last edited:
C

c1973

2ewcpqe.jpg

From an Ajax fans Twitter account after smeltics (decent result tbf) midweek game.

Nearly choked on my wine n nibbles.:rofl:

C

c1973

Dumbarton play their home games at The Cheaper Insurance Direct Stadium (commonly referred to as "The Rock" by Supporters). The 2,020[1] all seated stadium has been used since 2 December 2000.

Sheesh!

There are Eskimos and Amazonian tribes that have a better grasp on Scottish football than some of the natives!

C

c1973

How much less than 2,000? Capacity at Dumbarton is 2,020.

1,978 crowd (BBC)

So, what, 42 below capacity?

I doubt some Sons never snapped up a brief. Must have been smeltic Dumbarton fans. ;)

Edit: Highest attendance they've had at that stadium I believe.......... Hearts must not have sold out last season. :whistle:

Last edited:
C

c1973

Yep, Dumbarton are certainly a smaller club than Hearts, having only won the big league twice compared to the whopping four times Hearts have managed it (I believe), I'll give ye that. :thup:

C

c1973

Good result for St Johnstone. Took their chances well. Defended their lead well in the second half.

Good exercise for our young lads, a wee taste of defeat in the cup will test the younger players character. A bit out of sorts in spells, certainly not at our best tonight and definitely not the finished article; as Mr Warburton has indicated, we are maybe 3 or 4 better quality players short at the moment.

A bit disappointed not to get a penalty for the handball toward the end, we were pounding them and I think that would have shattered St Johnstone and seen a collapse, not to be though.

Encouraging signs in places but now back to the main target, promotion.

gdunc79

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Good result for St Johnstone. Took their chances well. Defended their lead well in the second half.

Good exercise for our young lads, a wee taste of defeat in the cup will test the younger players character. A bit out of sorts in spells, certainly not at our best tonight and definitely not the finished article; as Mr Warburton has indicated, we are maybe 3 or 4 better quality players short at the moment.

A bit disappointed not to get a penalty for the handball toward the end, we were pounding them and I think that would have shattered St Johnstone and seen a collapse, not to be though.

Ha ha....so good. :rofl:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site

Always good to get these piddling little cups out of your hair isn't. Really just no more than nuisance value :)

And I don't actually think a 2nd goal for Rangers would have precipitated a Saints collapse - but who knows as the 2nd goal didn't come about.

gdunc79

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi @gdun79 - good to come across another currently suffering Saintee on the boards. But we had a great day at the Cup Final year past May :whoo: :whoo: :whoo: as we did :)

Sorry - meant to respond to this but forgot. Good to find another golf mad Saints fan on here. Although we are not suffering too badly today ;)

Do you make it back up to McD much? Trying to keep my 7 year old boy on the straight and narrow and support Saints (last nights live coverage helped as did going to see the 4-1 demolition of Hamilton a couple of weeks back) but hard to do when he was born in Wishaw, stays in Hamilton and has a number of Celtic supporting friends. Will try my best though! Thankfully, like the rest of us, he is not bothered about Rangers :p

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Sorry - meant to respond to this but forgot. Good to find another golf mad Saints fan on here. Although we are not suffering too badly today ;)

Do you make it back up to McD much? Trying to keep my 7 year old boy on the straight and narrow and support Saints (last nights live coverage helped as did going to see the 4-1 demolition of Hamilton a couple of weeks back) but hard to do when he was born in Wishaw, stays in Hamilton and has a number of Celtic supporting friends. Will try my best though! Thankfully, like the rest of us, he is not bothered about Rangers :p

I was brought up in Glasgow and when little lived right beside Hampden. But my mum is a Saintee (I took her to the Cup Final Last year :) ) and she showed me the path. Was tough at times being one of two Saintees in Secondary School mind - surrounded by the followers of those two teams of the dark side. Don't get to McD much at all but my (23yr old) lad was brought up proper and knows between right and wrong and so he's one of us (as well as Arsenal)

gdunc79

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Well done to both of you then for keeping the faith all these years!!

A bad night for Aberdeen last night but can't win every game I suppose and lets them concentrate on the league. Interesting to see how they bounce back from that unexpected defeat.