School teachers who golf?

The Gentleman

Medal Winner
Visit site
Yep I’m a teacher who plays, in my rather small school there are around 6 of us who play during the holiday and frequent each other’s and the counties courses for a few trips out.

Nice set up. Pity I’m in London otherwise I would be asking to join your group. No one in my school plays. Not even the PE guys.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Clubless at moment. Played Wimbledon Common GC today. Greens in mint condition. I recall that is your old stomping ground. I am considering joining on a 5 day membership as I play cricket at weekends. Would you recommend?
Long time since I was back there but the greens are pretty good all year round. As a five day member you don't have the hassle of having to get a booked weekend time before the London Scottish come round and have priority. Would definitely be up for a game there at some point in the summer

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Long time since I was back there but the greens are pretty good all year round. As a five day member you don't have the hassle of having to get a booked weekend time before the London Scottish come round and have priority. Would definitely be up for a game there at some point in the summer

Further to Homers reply, I'd suggest that if you're thinking of joining at Wimbledon Common (or indeed London Scottish for that matter), then a 5 day membership is probably best. Loads of non-golfers (who have "priority") use the common. It's tiresome enough in the week (which is the only time I've played there) - given the increased non-golf use at weekends, I can only think its practically unbearable trying to play then.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I found out when studying my wife’s contract that she has ZERO holidays

Just unemployed when the schools are closed .. wasn’t impressed when I said get a part time summer job lol
Then I'm guessing she isn't employed as a teacher, more likely a teaching assistant?

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
This 😉
I am saying this sat at my desk doing Year 11 revision during half term... However, I have just been the range and am playing friday/Sunday

Joking aside, I have great intentions of playing more and hopefully I will this summer having joined a club closer to home.
It is good, but then I have missed out on more golf than I have played as I haven't been able to play at the 'mega meets' in Scotland and HFH. I made Sunningdale the other year, but miss out this year by 1 day😢😢😢
Blame Roddy

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
My dad was a teacher, he spent a lot of time fishing over the summer!

My mum turned the garden over every summer and did a lot of decorating.

Teachers deserve their holidays!

We had a teacher at my school who golfed, we had lessons on the school field on chipping and pitching.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good luck to teachers. Think you do a fabulous job but any driving instructors out there who plays golf. Am thinking of taking both up but would like to know your experiences first,before I commit to spending money