Sales timing

big_matt

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi All. Ive missed just over 2 years of golf due to shoulder operations so had sold some of my clubs.

Am hoping i can start practicing again later this year so wanted to pick up some of this seasons gear in the sales.

When do this years clubs normally get reduced? Is it soon or is it in the new year when the pga show is on etc?

Cheers

AdamC28

Visit site
I believe most manufacturers run on a 2 year cycle.
Clubs are often only reduced when the new version is released or very close to the new release. Usually there is only a small window to get the older model if you want to get fitted.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi All. Ive missed just over 2 years of golf due to shoulder operations so had sold some of my clubs.

Am hoping i can start practicing again later this year so wanted to pick up some of this seasons gear in the sales.

When do this years clubs normally get reduced? Is it soon or is it in the new year when the pga show is on etc?

Cheers

I don't think it's an exact science.

Probably be new releases in the spring from a lot of the big boys, but at the moment, demand has been mopping up all the supply due to a lot of additional golfers playing so I wouldn't imagine there will be too many carte blanche reductions just at the moment.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Difficult with Covid as second hand places like Golfbidder and other second hand outlets have run their stocks down and most online retailers seem to be keeping prices high as long as they can. Usually when a new model come out the last one starts to drop off in price but I wouldn't expect to see any massive savings in the current climate

Britishshooting

Club Champion
Visit site
From new now even previous release cycles hold their value reasonably well until they are no longer stocked, Mizuno 919 for instance line up has been replaced by 921 but still selling at not much less than new stock.

P770 which is a brand new release sell for similar money to 2019 p790 release.

Worth speaking with club pro's as i imagine during cycle changes they have old stock they may wish to clear.

sunshine

Visit site
American Golf are still selling the M2 driver for £250. Considering taylormade have since released the M3, 4, 5, 6, and are now on to the SIM range, don’t expect significant discounts in the current environment.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
With all the extra golfers because of Covid.
I am expecting eBay to be full of bargains around Christmas they are getting rid off as most wont play in the cold and wet weather.
This goes for bikes as well.