Saddened

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I started a thread tonight about something that interests me as I was discussing it with a pro tonight but low and behold, I am shot down in flames by a couple of people posting to point out to me that it has been mentioned before.

I ask what is the need of reprimanding me over this? If you are not interested or feel it is a repetition why get involved?

This has really saddened me to be honest and I am a bit hurt that people have chosen to attack the thread rather than just ignore it if it isn't up to their quality control rules :(

Sorry to have a bitch & moan but I have enjoyed this forum a lot and things like this are a little upsetting. I may be being a little oversensitive, I don't know.

It is exactly this sort of unnecessary comment that will make new members of the forum think "sod this" and not bother coming back if they were to commit such a henious crime.

Jon

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Absolutely right jon

i thought that and was gonna post it on the actual thread but didnt wanna upset anyone . but now you mention it your spot on. There are so many new members now that threads are bound to get repeated, because of the structure of the forum it takes ages to even notice if its been there before or not!!!
A lot of people are putting a downer on things!

daveyboy17

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think to post a thread after you have had 2 positive responses and 2 negative responses is only going to draw attention to your self and not make many friends. Dont be so touchy, that was 2 people who critisised and 2 who thought it was a good post. Dont worry about it dont take things to heart.Im not having a go at you far from it just trying to offer some friendly advice, im new to the forum and love it but you are an old hand with 808 posts so surely you must have had critisism before. Dont worry about it no need to post a new thread i think you covered it in your reply before in your previous thread. I thought it was a good post personally and i would say the rules should be consistent for example if a pro tournament is playing and all the bunkers are full of water they will get a free drop, however we have to drop with a penalty obviously if there is no sand to drop it in. Thats my reply to the other post anyway.
I will hardly ever reply negativly to a thread if i dont think it is a good thread i wont bother and i agree with your comments if you havent got anything constructive to say then why post negative posts like we have heard it all before so i sympathise with that. But posting another thread saying you are dissapointed is silly. Im still you pal and will always reply positivley . Please dont take this post the wrong way just my opinion. :)

DCB

Visit site
MWJ

Come on, chin up, as one of the regular posters who posts a lot of good posts don't let it get you down.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
daveyboy, just to clarify the 2 positive responses were actually posted whilst I was creating this thread and I didn't see them.

I agree with your view on the water in bunker ruling, consistency in rules is important.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Lip up fatty (I was going to say chin up too! :) )Our wednesday weigh ins will start boring people soon but as long as at least a few of us benefit in "real life" then Im all for meaningful reposts.

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I don't think you were reprimanded MWJ. I'm certainly not in a position to do that. It's just that we seem to be covering the same ground on many threads, not just yours.

I think there is a case for letting them run anyway, because there are a lot of new members who haven't had the advantage of seeing the previous replies, and who may have some interesting input.

You are a very active member of the forum and you do have a lot of good input which we have all benefitted from, but I think you may have taken offence where none was intended here. Certainly not on my part anyway, but if you were offended by me, then I apologise unreservedly.

daveyboy17

Assistant Pro
Visit site
daveyboy, just to clarify the 2 positive responses were actually posted whilst I was creating this thread and I didn't see them.

I agree with your view on the water in bunker ruling, consistency in rules is important.

Fair eneough pal we are all mates here arent we. Again i liked the first post look forward to more mate lol :)

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
MWJ dont let it get to you-I have enjoyed your contributions to the forum since i joined.

The thread was done before but new members are joining regularly and may have an opinion to offer, so keep posting.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
You are a very active member of the forum and you do have a lot of good input which we have all benefited from, but I think you may have taken offence where none was intended here. Certainly not on my part anyway, but if you were offended by me, then I apologise unreservedly.

I was going to jump to your defence, dave, but you've said it straight and true (like your golf!!) in expected gentlemanly style.

Only 8 weeks 'till the good weather.......then it'll be the season of goodwill to all golfers.

I for one can't wait.