Sad news.....Golf North East Magazine is no more!!

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
A bit of breaking news for all those in the North East of England.

As of the December issue this magazine is being discontinued.

Sad news as it was a good wee mag that covered a large area up here and certainly was a winner advertising wise for my club.

They are however going to do a monthly supplement in the Toon Journal but somehow I can't see that having the same effect as this mag did.

A large percentage of golfers read this publication but having a supplement in a paper that a minority buy just won't work IMO......certainly I won't use it for advertising as,again IMO, it will fail to reach my target audience.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Gutted as I only just discoverd it a few months ago and it was really handy to find out about courses in the north east I never knew about and at £1.20 it was a bargain.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Gutted as I only just discoverd it a few months ago and it was really handy to find out about courses in the north east I never knew about and at £1.20 it was a bargain.

It was a free publication within all golf clubs in the NE bozza!

Sure it was only the odd newsagent etc that actually sold it.

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

GOOD NEWS!!!!!

I am hearing that a new publications will hit our clubs in February named North East Golfer and it will be produced by Mr & Mrs Corney who were main players in GNE before they moved on......them moving on coincided with GNE starting to die a slow death....
:whistle:

With Paul & Gillian running NE Golfer I am sure the quality will be back in this new mag plus the audience will be wider with it covering Scottish Borders right down to Cumbria and North Yorkshire.

Great news for me and for many clubs that this able team will be starting a new publication.

S

Snelly

Phew! Thanks goodness this disaster has been averted.

Any developments on Cramlington Post Office to share with us? Or the new festive menu at Greggs bakery in Berwick?

I am on tenterhooks here waiting for the next globe rocking leviathan of a story to break from the midge ridden centre of the universe that is the Borders........

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Any chance of a Mod changing the thread title to reflect that the thread should really be read and replied to by people who live North of Wetherby and not by dickheads who live South of Wetherby?

S

Snelly

Any chance of a Mod changing the thread title to reflect that the thread should really be read and replied to by people who live North of Wetherby and not by dickheads who live South of Wetherby?

Dodger,

I would love to get into another sparring joust here with you but I am afraid I just don't have the time. All my energies and focus are on the story below - I am waiting, captivated with bated breath for the next twist in this earth shattering situation:

Published in the Morpeth Herald on Wednesday 7 December 2011 01:00

Parish prepares for winter with snow-clearing plans.

VILLAGERS are making plans for extra footpath clearing to ensure they are not caught out if extreme winter weather returns.

After the bitter experience of last year’s pre-Christmas snow, Pegswood Parish Council is putting the arrangements in place so that it can react quickly if necessary.

The preparations are designed to ensure the authority can quickly call on a local contractor to remove snow and ice from important areas that have not been treated by Northumberland County Council teams.

Deputy Clerk Kevin Cassie said: “The county council has given us a list of priority footpath areas it will clear in the village when resources become available and these include the post office and Co-op.

Gripping stuff.

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Snelly all Dodger was doing was informing us golfers from the north east and border area about a local magazine and what's happening to it. What's your problem?