Running shoes!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Need a bit of advice from the athletes out there.
I’ve always suffered with shin splints and soreness at the front of my ankle when I run in trainers that are even a smidge too tight.
Last summer I invested in a new pair of running shoes that were well rated and came in a wide fitting. It ain’t good, I have to stop maybe every kilometre and take of my shoes as I can’t feel my toes and the pain in my ankle is awful, it really does stop me from pushing and getting a lot fitter.

These are the shoes I bought, I’ve marked where the pressure is the worst on my feet…

81064453-94D2-4901-8421-F459101E1211.jpeg

What advice would you give for replacing them, does anyone know of wide fitting running shoes that also have a wide and tall toe box?
Should I just bite the bullet and get fitted for a pair in a reputable running shop (not that I know one).
A bad workman blames his tools but in this case it’s true due to my Hobbit feet ?

D

Deleted member 18121

I've got 3 bits of advice.

1. Get fitted.
2. Get fitted.
3. Get fitted.

The shin splints won't be caused by tightness, it will be caused by the incorrect shoe not supporting your foots pronation, which ever way that may be.

For me when I was running marathons I got fit every time... Except one. I bought the newer version of the same model of shoe, and it wasn't right for me and caused me all kinds of pain..... Until I got fitted again.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I wear Asics & they’re really comfortable.
But sounds like you could do with getting properly fitted.
DW sports use to do it but think they’ve gone under.
Should be able to find somewhere local that does it easy enough.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've got 3 bits of advice.

1. Get fitted.
2. Get fitted.
3. Get fitted.

The shin splints won't be caused by tightness, it will be caused by the incorrect shoe not supporting your foots pronation, which ever way that may be.

For me when I was running marathons I got fit every time... Except one. I bought the newer version of the same model of shoe, and it wasn't right for me and caused me all kinds of pain..... Until I got fitted again.

Thanks, I don’t have an issue playing football as long as my boots are not tied to tight, I could run for miles in a pair of loose fitting Adidas moldies lol
I do have quite high arches and stupidly wide feet though.
Could anyone recommend a place in the North East to get checked out?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I wear Asics & they’re really comfortable.
But sounds like you could do with getting properly fitted.
DW sports use to do it but think they’ve gone under.
Should be able to find somewhere local that does it easy enough.

I had some New Blance years ago that I got fitted for, they were great.
Maybe there’s a message there ?

D

Deleted member 18121

Thanks, I don’t have an issue playing football as long as my boots are not tied to tight, I could run for miles in a pair of loose fitting Adidas moldies lol

Will be due to softer ground... I eventually turned to cross country or fell running when the old legs couldnt take it any more.

Sorry but I don't know any up your way, I work in London so use to go to the London marathon shop and then a chain called runners need when that closed down.

Good luck with the search, I don't envy the pain you're going through ?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Will be due to softer ground... I eventually turned to cross country or fell running when the old legs couldnt take it any more.

Sorry but I don't know any up your way, I work in London so use to go to the London marathon shop and then a chain called runners need when that closed down.

Good luck with the search, I don't envy the pain you're going through ?

Fell running? Christ those guys are insane ??

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

Why don't you see if a local running club has any recommendations?

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
New Balance are likely to be your friend with a variety of widths but, as has been said, a fitting would be your best start point.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Brooks Ghost 14s have been great for me. I've got high arches and these are comfy. They also have shoes in wide and extra wide.