Rumours!

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played him last year around South Leeds for a quid a hole. Idiot gave me full shots. He wont be back again. Took £15 off him. Muppet.

andycap

Head Pro
Visit site
A couple of years ago some guys won a competition to meet him , i think it may have even been a GM comp. He couldn't make it to the course as arranged , so had them flown to where he was in his private jet .Top man for that , and as also mentioned his sporting gestures to Rose at the ryder cup, .I would guess that his betting money relative to is income is probably no different to the average man that likes a bet.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
By the way which Big leftie are we talking about? this guy was called Neville and weighed 22 stone...not sure it was the same bloke.

Crawfy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Before I go any further as per the title this is only a rumour and not my view. If GM feel its inappropriate then just pull it.

I have now heard numerous rumours about big leftie and gambling addictions to the extent that he's almost penniless! Has anyone else heard this or is it just complete poppycock?????

Sad if its true as big leftie always comes across as an absolute gentleman.

Have heard something v similar.
Hopefully not penniless, as you say comes across as a gent and a family man

Steve Bamford

Head Pro
www.golfbettingsystem.co.uk
I heard that he has issues with the amount of tax he's having to pay in California, as compared to say Florida where most of the PGA Tour pros unsurprisingly locate themselves. You can of course link that to a number of scenarios - one being that he's struggling with gambling, but I'd find that very hard to believe, as most of his funds will be protected assets managed by his Management Team.

M

MetalMickie

Not the first time I have heard this about Phil. There was a story going round when he joined Callaway was that they paid off his gambling debts which were rumoured to be several million at the time.

Think you might be getting two stories mixed up.

By his own admission John Daly was bailed out by Callaway from his gambling debts.

Phil is renowned as a punter but I don't think he has ever got to the stage of requiring that level of help.