Rules

Putz Parker

Visit site
Saturday Medal, last group out went out as a four, which I guess would make life easier since they are all mates, then found out later they also played a matchplay competition at the same time! Said they had permission from the committee, but I ask is this allowed? Not only that one of the players came in with the best net medal score on the day? Bad etiquette at least?

Anyone enlighten me please :mmm:

DCB

Visit site
Sounds like a stitch up to me. No committee should give permission for a Medal round to be used as a Matchplay tie. Rule 33-1 covers this.

All should be DQ'd from the strokeplay and the Match is null & void.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hello and welcome, defo a conflict of interests there a matchplay team comp and individual medal can't see how you could play both together correctly.

Putz Parker

Visit site
Thanks for the welcome and thanks for your view which I agree with, just thought I might be overlooking some R&A make life easier ruling. Will let you know if I get sent to 'Coventry'.

DCB

Visit site
Thanks for the welcome and thanks for your view which I agree with, just thought I might be overlooking some R&A make life easier ruling. Will let you know if I get sent to 'Coventry'.

No reason for you to get 'sent to coventry' as the committee cannot sanction something like this. The committee don't have the power to over-rule a Rule of Golf. Rule 33-1 covers this very instance, so the answer is very simple and the committee have to abide by the RoG

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
There are significant differences in penalty situations between matchplay and strokeplay. If any penalties occurred, which code would apply?

MashieNiblick

Tour Winner
Visit site
And if it was a 4BBB match then they were quite possibly advising their playing partners. Ok in team match play. Not OK in individual stroke play (see other threads in the Lounge!)

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Defo against the Rules of Golf, so Match void and players DQ-ed from Strokeplay comp.

Whoever allowed it should be given a rocket up their respective backsides as well - as it's the only way to get this sort of message across. I've seen too many examples of committees who think they can do whatever they want - and a few who have been prevented from morally correct decisions too!