Rules Quiz III - true or false?

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
1. Proceeding under Rule 24-2 (immovable obstruction) or 25-1 (abnormal ground condition) must be witnessed by your opponent or fellow-competitor.
2. If you make strokes at two wrong balls in succession, you are penalized 4 strokes.
3. You may not remove a stake defining the water hazard if your ball lies in the water hazard.
4. You are not penalized if you move your ball during search.
5. Any correction on the scorecard must be initialled.
6. You must record both your score and Stableford points on your scorecard.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
2 is true if you establish that you played a wrong ball the first time, which the wording of the question strongly implies.

Franco

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I am not aware that either opponent or FC has to witness the relief. On the occasions that I have claimed relief I have told my FCs and sometimes they have a look and other times they let me get on with it. I believe that all the rules rely on the integrity of the golfers and witnesses are not required.

Franco

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yes, I believe the statement is false and there is no need for a witness. The rules 24-2 and 25-1 make no mention of a witness. I am only aware of a witness for 12-2, (lifting ball for identification). If my belief is incorrect, then I am about to learn something when I read your reply, which is exactly why I read this forum.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Your belief is correct. Given that the book contains no such requirement, then there is no requirement. Trust what you read.