Rules Question.

Richuk123

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all

I should know but I don't .

If your playing a medal/stableford and someone in another group picks your ball up (other playing partners saw it and agree) yet the "third party" either is out of range or denies it as he has bagged a decent ball. What's the ruling.

I am aware if an animal makes away with your ball you can drop under no penalty but what about humans??

Seems really unfair being penalised if you lose a ball in open play and your partners agree.

pogle

Head Pro
Visit site
Hi all

I should know but I don't .

If your playing a medal/stableford and someone in another group picks your ball up (other playing partners saw it and agree) yet the "third party" either is out of range or denies it as he has bagged a decent ball. What's the ruling.

I am aware if an animal makes away with your ball you can drop under no penalty but what about humans??

Seems really unfair being penalised if you lose a ball in open play and your partners agree.

If you know or are virtually certain that a player in another group has made off with your ball, then you may place another ball at the same spot without penalty. You must know or be virtually certain (i.e. it's not enough to think that someone must have made off with it because it's not where you expect it to be).

If you don't know the exact spot the you must drop a ball at the estimated spot.