Rule 4 - Does this place exist

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
For anyone who hasn't read rule 4 the important bit is below

A manufacturer should submit to the R & A a sample of a club to be manufactured for a ruling as to whether the club conforms with the Rules. The sample becomes the property of the R & A for reference purposes.

To me that says that the R and A has one of every golf club that has been made for sale in a room somewhere. I want the key to that room, imagine it I think they would need to dart me with tranquilsers to get me out of there.

They would have each of the golf clubs you have owned all the golf clubs you wanted but didn't buy it would be amazing, in fact I am getting giddy just thinking about it.

Does anyone know if this place exists or is it a figment of my imagination.

MarkS

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I believe it does, i once had the misfortune to be at the same table as Dr David Marsh - ex Captain of the R&A , and he alluded to this mythical room.

Imagine the fun one could have!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I had some correspondance with Dr Steve Otto - the head of the R&D dept. He told me about the fact they have to look at every new club before it's release so I guess there must be a stash somewhere. Some disused warehouse in St Andrews perhaps

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
You don't think they return them back to the manufacturers then?

When we send samples for testing, we either get them back, or they are destroyed by the test house before disposal.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
If there is a now a spate of break ins in warehouses in Fife Scotland its not me I was somewhere else honest. Although I do need to know where this place is.

Brendan

Club Champion
Visit site
You don't think they return them back to the manufacturers then?

When we send samples for testing, we either get them back, or they are destroyed by the test house before disposal.

How would the have a reference if they returned them or destroyed them.
Id say when they are gone out of production they are destroyed or maybe they just get copy's of the mandrels.

The sample becomes the property of the R & A for reference purposes.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
If there is a now a spate of break ins in warehouses in Fife Scotland its not me I was somewhere else honest. Although I do need to know where this place is.

wrong place freddie, what do you think happens to the distilleries that went out of business?

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I dont think they would have to keep any of the clubs once tested, just record all data from the testing. Then if the kit is considered the property of R&A they might gift them, flog them, scrap them etc. I dont think the R&A would want the expense of a warehouse somewhere in errr area 51. :D