Rugby League 2020

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Help!

Each year my wife and I try to watch at least one new sport, a kind of bucket list,

Any Rugby League fans that can recommend a decent fixture,

Travelling from the midlands so Friday Sat/Sun fixture preferred

Thanks In Advance

D

Deleted member 1740

Saints V Wigan is probably the highlight of the RL calendar.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Saints V Wigan is probably the highlight of the RL calendar.

This is the fixture for "atmosphere"
My old dad never missed one. ( talking 1950s here, but the rivalry is still there).
I must say that in the last few years RL hasn't the same allure for me since the forward pass has been "tolerated". Spoilt the game for me.
I do like how the players are now super fit and strong.
At the risk of stirring it, if soccer want to know how to do VAR they should study how RL do it. It is done well and actually adds to the excitement of the game.
Hope you enjoy it.

www.hiltonpark.net
I would get a couple of tickets for the Grand Final in October at Old Trafford. it's a great spectacle and has a fantastic atmosphere. There's always plenty of tickets for the neutrals with the finalists teams getting circa 10k each a few weeks before the match.
There's also the Magic Weekend where all the teams have a fixture, with a few local derbies taking place in the primetime slots

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Magic Weekend is a good shout. It's back in Newcastle this year, great atmosphere in the city centre.

If you want a good fixture nearer you, I'd go for Leeds-Wigan on Friday 3rd July. Massive rivals, no love lost. Headingley will be full and very noisy.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Magic Weekend is a good shout. It's back in Newcastle this year, great atmosphere in the city centre.

If you want a good fixture nearer you, I'd go for Leeds-Wigan on Friday 3rd July. Massive rivals, no love lost. Headingley will be full and very noisy.
Another shout for the Magic Weekend. It's a great way to watch 6 Super League games over two days, tickets are cheap considering the number and quality of games you are watching and Newcastle is a great place to spend a Saturday night.
Also you'll be able to see how well all the fans interact. Go and have a pint on the balcony of the Strawberry pub for a laugh and take part in some of the fun games they have outside the ground.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the above

Surprised no-one mentioned Hull.

The magic weekend sounds a good idea, but if the wife doesn't like the first match, how do I get her to endure 5 more..

Vikingman

Head Pro
Visit site
Never been to a Hull derby but given the choice I'd choose Hull FC as the home team.

Pity Warrington and Widnes wont be playing each other next season.

You'd enjoy the pleasantries being exchanged.

tincup

Head Pro
Visit site
I would recommend the magic weekend for best way to see as many higher quality games as possible but Coventry also have a team playing in the third tier. http://www.coventrybears.com/blog/2020-fixtures Could always get along to one of their games and if you enjoy that, then maybe look into committing to magic weekend or even the summer bash in Blackpool which is the same as magic weekend but for Championship (second tier) teams