Royal St George - handicap limit?

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
According to website they have a hcp limit of 18.
We've booked to play there in June (group of 8 of us). Myself and one other are wobbling on 18, five are comfortably under, but one on 20.
Do they actually check?

D

Deleted member 21258

When my son and I played on a normal tee time basis, we were not asked for a handicap certificate or what our handicaps were.

Hope that helps.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Of the three times l've been (with the forum) l think my official h/c was 18 on one occasion, 19 on another and either 19 or 20 on the third. And on none of the occasions was it queried (even though it was RSG who produced/printed the cards for us).

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I have the advantage that the Ladies tee is further away from the Clubhouse, so I'm harder to assess!

It may have changed but, when I played RSG five years ago they didn't have any ladies tees.

The ladies in our "society" had to play off the same tees as the men (the weekday tees) and as we were holding a comp amongst us we were advised by the secretary that we should add 8 strokes to the ladies handicaps to account for the extra difficulty that the ladies would experience....in many cases that was down to some of the carries required off the tee.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
It may have changed but, when I played RSG five years ago they didn't have any ladies tees.

The ladies in our "society" had to play off the same tees as the men (the weekday tees) and as we were holding a comp amongst us we were advised by the secretary that we should add 8 strokes to the ladies handicaps to account for the extra difficulty that the ladies would experience....in many cases that was down to some of the carries required off the tee.
Memories of playing RAC 20 years ago, standing on men's tees, asking where the ladies tees were "You're standing on it!"

I've checked the St George's card, and there is a forward tee named Pinto, which I assume is a new addition as
George Pinto only died last year. I assume it's a ladies or seniors tee.

D

Deleted member 1418

There’s plenty of forum members who turn up to places looking like golfers but when they get on the first tee....

And they're the ones who haven't had a skinfull the night before....😂😂